A selection of articles related to name.
Original articles from our library related to the Name. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Name.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Welcome to Tyr’s Aett, the third and final aett (group of eight) of the Elder Futhark. Tiwaz is the name of this aett’s first rune in reconstructed Common Germanic. Its name became first Teiws in Gothic, then later Tiw or Tiu in Anglo-Saxon and Tyr in Old...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, 1:2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; 1:3...
New Testament >> Luke
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Name is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Name books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Science Explains Why Your Mom Calls You by Your Brother's Name
- The next time your mom calls you by your brother's name (or even your dog's name), don't be offended — she's probably not doing it because she thinks you look like him, a new study finds. Such "misnamings," or when a person calls someone else by the ...
- Across Arizona, parents name children after Pat Tillman
- During one contentious round of name swapping, Stephanie became irritated and suggested, in jest, to her fiance that they name him Sparky, after Arizona State's mascot. "If that's the case, we could name him Patrick Tillman Okrepkie," Jeff responded.
- Media|'Zappa Plays Zappa' Pits Zappa vs. Zappa
- For a decade, Dweezil Zappa, a son of the rock star Frank Zappa and a noted guitarist in his own right, has been paying tribute to his father's music under the name Zappa Plays Zappa. The project, which features exacting performances of Frank Zappa's ...
- Nicki Minaj's Signee Brinx Billions Delivers Birdman-Sampling 'Respeck On My Name'
- Like most of the Internet, rapper Brinx Billions tuned into Birdman's super brief Power 105.1 interview, where the Cash Money CEO told The Breakfast Club trio to put some "respeck" on his name.
- You don't like 'Little Caesars Arena'; what's a better name?
- "Listen, Little Caesars is the staple of Michigan pizza and those yummy delicious $5 pizzas have helped the Michigan economy like no other, but we're seriously going to name a hockey arena after a pizza joint?" the petitioners wrote.
Related searchesquaker history persecution in england
fred rogers family
united citizens party
the guinness book of world records