A selection of articles related to name.
Original articles from our library related to the Name. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Name.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Welcome to Tyr’s Aett, the third and final aett (group of eight) of the Elder Futhark. Tiwaz is the name of this aett’s first rune in reconstructed Common Germanic. Its name became first Teiws in Gothic, then later Tiw or Tiu in Anglo-Saxon and Tyr in Old...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, 1:2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; 1:3...
New Testament >> Luke
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Name is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Name books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Czech Republic OKs 'Czechia' as one-word version of its name
- Unlike most European countries, the Czech Republic has lacked a one-word version of its name in foreign languages. Now, the country can use the name "Czechia" in English, "Tschechien" in German or "Tchequie" in French, translations of the Czech word ...
- WATCH: Sean and Catherine Giudici Lowe 'Have Settled on a Boy Name': We Chose ...
- One thing they do already know are their name choices, but they're keeping them a secret. “We have settled on a boy name, but the girl name is still in progress,” Giudici Lowe says. “The boy name was easy.
- Dell-EMC Reveals Its New Name
- What Michael Dell will say at EMC World. Once Dell Inc. completes its $59 billion merger with EMC Corp.
- South Africa's Identity Crisis, change name to Nguniland
- From the xenophobia of 2008 to 2015, to the continued failure of South Africa to engage the rest of Africa as a regional power, it has become clear to me that South Africa suffers from an identity crisis.
- Game of Thrones: Kit Harington's secret code name revealed
- This is how big of a secret Jon Snow appearing in Game of Thrones season 6 was: Even though star Kit Harington spent more days working on Thrones last year of than any other actor, the name “Jon Snow” didn't appear anywhere in the scripts. Snow wasn't ...
Related searchesturkish armed forces air force
general practitioner spain
batcave london nightclub
what hinduism and islam have in common
army cadet force map and compass