A selection of articles related to names.
Original articles from our library related to the Names. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Names.
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses in the wilderness of Sinai, in the tabernacle of the congregation, on the first day of the second month, in the second year after they were come out of the land of Egypt, saying, 1:2 Take ye the sum of all the...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- What are the names for the thirteen moons of the year?
- There are thirteen Lunar months in the year, the Full Moon is near the mid point of the Lunar Month. The Lunar Moons listed here may not always occur as given because the first New Moon of a new Lunar Year may not coincide with the first day of the first...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 28
- Chapter 28 28:1 And take thou unto thee Aaron thy brother, and his sons with him, from among the children of Israel, that he may minister unto me in the priest's office, even Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar, Aaron's sons. 28:2 And thou shalt make...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- Enochian Temples
- Constructing Enochian Temples During the six months beginning November, 1985, I was involved in an extended exploration of the Enochian Tablet of Earth. There was no purpose to the work other than tourism - I merely wanted to see what was there and record it...
Magick >> Enochian
Names is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Names books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- In Yosemite, Native Americans Ask, 'Whose Names Are They, Anyway?'
- Helen Coats stands at her kitchen sink, letting it fill with water for the breakfast dishes. “On with the chores,” says the 88-year-old. “I'm always doing something around the house when I have time.
- How Yosemite lost its historic names — and may win them back
- The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office played a role, as did the National Park Service, which some legal experts say did too little to protect names that are inseparable from the history of one of the country's most beloved places.
- Most popular baby names the year you were born
- Names evolve and change with the generations — even the years. Here's a comprehensive list looking at the most-popular baby names from the year you (or your kids or spouse) were born. Tip: to skip ahead or go back just change the slide number at the ...
- German media report names three Paris attackers on 'Islamic State' lists
- Public broadcasters NDR and WDR, together with the Munich daily "Süddeutsche Zeitung" have reported that the names of Samy Amimour, Foued Mohamed-Aggad and Omar Ismail Mostefai were among thousands listed on documents purported to have ...
- Charting China's Rising Individualism in Names, Songs, and Attitudes
- A Chinese given name usually consists of one or two, and sometimes three, characters. In the first study, we tested whether babies' given names increasingly consist of unique (or infrequently encountered) characters.
Related searchesedo period decline of the tokugawa
chinook centre history
xylitol health concerns
dream dictionary bag
mexico major cities
french fries origin