A selection of articles related to narcissus.
Original articles from our library related to the Narcissus. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Narcissus.
- Persephone and Virgo
- The word Virgo means simply "unmarried woman". It has nothing at all to do with sexuality. It denotes a woman who does not belong to any man, who is whole within herself, she does not need a man to identify herself through. It also means "intact...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Daffodil: Correspondences
- Narcissus spp. Folk Names: Asphodel, Daffy-Down-Dilly, Fleur de Coucou, Goose Leek, Lent-Lily, Narcissus, Porillon Gender: Feminine Planet: Venus Element: Water Deity: Power: Love, Fertility, Luck...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary D
- Sign Characteristics: Capricorn
- Quadruplicity Cardinal Day of the week Saturday Birthstones Amber Onyx Sapphire Quartz Colours Yellow Brown Blue Black Flowers Gardenia Daisy Violet Narcissus Metals Lead Essences Lilac Vetiver Narcissus Animals Crocodile Sheep Robin GENERAL FEATURES Earth...
Astrology >> Capricorn
- King James Bible: Romans, Chapter 16
- Chapter 16 16:1 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea: 16:2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a...
New Testament >> Epistle to the Romans
- Sign Characteristics: Libra
- Quadruplicity Cardinal Day of the week Friday Birthstones Coral Diamond Sapphire Jade Colours Pink Light-Blue Brown Flowers Narcissus Rose Lily Gardenia Metals Copper Essences Musk Tobacco Sandal Animals Turtle-Dove Finch GENERAL FEATURES Air sign ruled by...
Astrology >> Libra
- The Paths of the Qabalah
- I must confess, I've been trying to use the book "The Talking Tree" by William Gray and I admit that I've been having a hard time. Most Tree of Life glyphs start the eleventh path with the Fool, as it is with most tarot decks. Gray begins with the...
Magick >> Qabalah
Narcissus is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Narcissus books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Narcissus
- Reviewed 4/01. Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service. Page 1 of 4.
- The Nigger of the 'Narcissus'
- again, under its proper title of "The Nigger of the 'Narcissus'" and under the auspices . Mr.
- Forcing Guide / Forcing Guide / Narcissus Narcissus Narcissus
- Narcissus was a beautiful, proud young man in Greek mythology. Too proud to return The narcissus genus comprises some 30 known species.
Suggested News Resources
- Gardening: Bulbs help brighten garden, shake off winter blues
- Along Colorado's Front Range, some of the most commonly grown bulbs are crocus, hyacinths, tulips and the species narcissus, commonly called daffodils. Next spring, each of these tried-and-true favorites helps us to shake off winter blues.
- Colour break in reverse bicolour daffodils is associated with the presence of
- Daffodils (Narcissus pseudonarcissus) are one of the world's most popular ornamentals. They also provide a scientific model for studying the carotenoid pigments responsible for their yellow and orange flower colours.
- The September checklist
- Pot up "Paperwhite" narcissus for flowering indoors over Christmas and Hippeastrum for colour over the winter months. Grow the latter in a loam-based compost, as the weight of flower can topple a pot.
- Heirloom bulbs are toughing it out
- Heirloom narcissus and leucojum (snowflakes) also will be good to go after the first fall rain. They'll grow new roots and foliage with decent moisture.
- Lois Tilton reviews Short Fiction, late August
- Any Holmes would know that the name “narcissus” comes from the Greek “narce”, which suggests the sleep of death. A lot of neatly-contrived fun.
Suggested Web Resources
- Mar 3, 1997 Narcissus is another example among several of a beautiful young man who spurned sex and died as a result.
- Mythology Guide - Echo and Narcissus
- This nymph saw Narcissus, a beautiful youth, as he pursued the chase upon the mountains. Narcissus looked around, but seeing no one, called out, "Come.
- Echo & Narcissus
- Narcissus was beautiful as a child and grew even more so as he matured.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.