A selection of articles related to narmada river.
Original articles from our library related to the Narmada River. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Narmada River.
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. 7:2 Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 41
- Chapter 41 41:1 And it came to pass at the end of two full years, that Pharaoh dreamed: and, behold, he stood by the river. 41:2 And, behold, there came up out of the river seven well favoured kine and fatfleshed; and they fed in a meadow. 41:3 And, behold,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 Then we turned, and took our journey into the wilderness by the way of the Red sea, as the LORD spake unto me: and we compassed mount Seir many days. 2:2 And the LORD spake unto me, saying, 2:3 Ye have compassed this mountain long enough: turn...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
Narmada River is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Narmada River books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- IELRC.ORG - Narmada Bachao Andolan vs. Union of India
- the Central Waterways, Irrigation and Navigation Commission (CWINC) to take up investigations on the Narmada.
- The Columbia River Basin is the most hydroelectrically developed
- The Narmada River and the Sardar. Sarovar Dam.
- KHATRI, A. P., The Pleistocene Mammalian Fossils of the Narmada
- KHATRI, A. P., The Pleistocene Mammalian Fossils of the Narmada River Valley and Their.
- India's Narmada Valley Hydro Project
- by Veena Gokhale. India's Narmada Valley Project - a series of 3200 dams to be built over a century on the.
Suggested News Resources
- People's movements in the past…
- Narmada Bachao Andolan or 'Save Narmada Movement' is a mass movement against the Sardar Sarovar Dam being constructed on Narmada River in Gujarat.
- The leading social activists of B town
- Besides coming up openly in support of Medha Patkar on the issues of 'Sardar Sarovar Dam' to have been constructed on the Narmada River; Aamir has once again come into the forefront by expressing his solidarity and support to the crusading Anna Hazare.
- 100 arrested in Mumbai for protesting Anna's detention
- Social activist Medha Patkar, who has sustained a campaign against a dam on Narmada river for years, described Hazare's detention as blatantly unconstitutional.
Suggested Web Resources
- Narmada River - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Narmada (Devanagari: नर्मदा, Gujarati: નર્મદા) ,also called Rewa is a river in central India and the fifth largest river in the Indian subcontinent.
- Narmada river Pictures
- Apr 17, 2009 Find your Narmada river pictures at Picsearch.com! We have billions of indexed images in our directory, and it continually expands.
- The Narmada River - Dharmakshetra.Com
- The Narmada River is considered the mother and giver of peace.