A selection of articles related to nashoba commune.
Original articles from our library related to the Nashoba Commune. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Nashoba Commune.
- Sacred Space: Circles and Altars
- The magic circle or sphere is a well-defined, non-physical temple. There are two main types -- those used by ceremonial magicians are designed to protect the magician from the forces he or she raises. Our circles are used to create sacred space to commune...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 2
- WORKING TO LIVE RATHER THAN LIVING TO WORK Before the dawn of recorded history, a major period of transition occurred. Nomadic hunter-gatherer clans transformed themselves into larger communities who farmed the land. This they did by planting their own...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 34
- Chapter 34 34:1 And Dinah the daughter of Leah, which she bare unto Jacob, went out to see the daughters of the land. 34:2 And when Shechem the son of Hamor the Hivite, prince of the country, saw her, he took her, and lay with her, and defiled her. 34:3 And...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Manifesting World Enlightenment: Part 5
- All things in the universe have at their basis, one fundamental essence which governs their creation, destruction and on-going actions. That singular essence is consciousness, (also known by some as God, or the Unified Field). Everywhere in Nature does...
Mind >> World Mind
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 25
- Chapter 25 25:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 25:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring me an offering: of every man that giveth it willingly with his heart ye shall take my offering. 25:3 And this is the offering which ye shall take of...
Old Testament >> Exodus
Nashoba Commune is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Nashoba Commune books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Feature> The Memphis Movement
- Acquired by Memphis through annexation in 1973, present-day Shelby Farms Park has a strange past. From 1825 to 1828, some of the land that the park now occupies was the Nashoba Community, a utopian settlement that educated and emancipated slaves ...
- Collective Courage: New Book Relates History of African-American Co-ops
- These organizations included The Northhampton Association of Education and Industry, The Nashoba Commune, The Combahee River Colony and The Ex-Slave Relief, Bounty and Pension Association. Later efforts were driven by black populist movements ...
- Margaret Fuller: Journalist, Critic, Transcendentalist
- When she donated a cow to Brook Farm, the utopian commune founded in the 1840s in Massachusetts, Hawthorne liked to call it the 'transcendental heifer.
- Stephen Gaskin's wife to speak about The Farm
- The commune's population peaked in the late 1970s with more than 1,500 people living in tents, buses and small houses. There, Ina May Gaskin established The Farm Midwifery Center and developed into one of the most respected natural birthing experts in ...
- Stanley Cup victory tour tees it up at Butter Brook Golf Course
- With the Stanley Cup victory tour making an unpublicized stop in sleepy Westford Thursday morning, some 200 fans of the world champion Boston Bruins lined up at Butter Brook Golf Club to commune with the silver chalice.
Nashoba Commune Topics
leap year marriage proposal
education in austria higher education
jacques cartier first voyage 1534