Native American Name Controversy
A selection of articles related to native american name controversy.
Original articles from our library related to the Native American Name Controversy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Native American Name Controversy.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Ten Native American Commandments
- Treat the Earth and all that dwell thereon with respect. Remain close the Great Spirit. Show great respect for your fellow beings. Work together for the benefit of all Mankind. Give assistance and kindness wherever needed. Do what you know to be right. Look...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- Hypnosis: A Selected Bibliography
- Index of bibliography sections Selected Periodicals (14 entries) Edited Overviews of General Theories of Hypnosis (5 entries) Specific Topics Related to Research into Hypnosis. General single-author overviews, non-special-state views, social andexperimental...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Welcome to Tyr’s Aett, the third and final aett (group of eight) of the Elder Futhark. Tiwaz is the name of this aett’s first rune in reconstructed Common Germanic. Its name became first Teiws in Gothic, then later Tiw or Tiu in Anglo-Saxon and Tyr in Old...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Native American Name Controversy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Native American Name Controversy books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Stanford, UC Berkeley students stage battles to change controversial names on
- The 18th-century Spanish missionary's name is ubiquitous on campus, but his detractors, backed by the student government, argue the newly sainted Serra -- whose role in the assimilation and exploitation of Native Americans added controversy to his ...
- Redskins Name Controversy Update: Congressman's Letter To NFL Commissioner
- “To millions of people — Native American and Non-Native American alike — this team name represents a hateful, hurtful slur from a bygone era, and the time has come for a change,” Katko wrote in the letter.
- Daily Camera at 125, still instilling the 'breath of progress into Boulder County'
- They chose the name — still unique among American newspapers — to reflect their interest in publishing more illustrations than most papers. The new paper's offices were on ....
- Jay Williams reportedly interested in Rutgers basketball
- (Photo: Denny Medley-USA TODAY Sports). Seventeen ... The 34-year-old Plainfield native is interested in becoming the next Rutgers men's basketball coach, according a report from SlamOnline.
- British pols: Change Washington name or send different team to UK
- A U.S. Patent & Trademark trial and appeal board stripped Washington of its federal trademark registrations in 2014, citing large numbers of Native Americans disparaged by the team's name.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.