A selection of articles related to nautical lore.
Original articles from our library related to the Nautical Lore. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Nautical Lore.
- Crow Lore
- Crow Lore One Crow Sorrow Two Crows Joy Three Crows a Wedding Four Crows a Boy Five crows Silver Six Crows Gold Seven Crows a Secret Never to be told. poem contributed by firstname.lastname@example.org Crows have in many cultures, been a bird used in divination,...
Symbology >> Animals
- Welcome to the Rune-of-the-Month Club! Ingwaz is the sixth rune of the third aett, and the twenty-second rune of the Elder Futhark as a whole. Its sound is that of the English “ng.” Like Thurisaz, it represents a sound written by two letters in the Roman...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Lavender: Solace and Majestic
- Lavender, the Herb of Air, My friend when I am in despair. I ask Earth's blessing to bestow, As I tend and watch you grow. Strong roots and dainty stems, Bring joy to life when pleasure dims. Wee green bud with purple top, All your uses never stop. From...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
- Angelica: The Herb of Angels
- Angelica, from seed your beauty weaves, Strong stems and healing leaves. I ask your blessings to bestow, As I nurse and watch you grow. From morning's dew through afternoon, To ray of stars and midnight's moon. Michael comes upon this day, To watch you grow...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary A
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Irish Myth Cycles
- The myths and legends of a people are central to it's religion. It is from these stories that we derive our attitudes towards people and nature, and understand our deities. The famous and infamous deeds of a people's past, human and divine, provide a sense of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Shapeshifting in Celtic Myth
- The theme of shapeshifting is found in Celtic myth regardless of the specific country one invesigates. Thoughout my studies of Celtic lore I have found that there were very specific reasons or circumstances for shapeshifting. These reasons fall into at least...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Nautical Lore is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Nautical Lore books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- 14th annual mariner's service and
- officers. There will be 24/7 access to the Wheelhouse and nautical charts, plenty of sightseeing, photographic opportunities, nautical lore, history and sea stories.
- Betcha didn't know about Fiddler's Green
- According to nautical lore, it's a special place for Sailors to go when they pass on.
- Re-Naming Your New Pre-Owned Boat?
- of the following options.
- Small, charming, civic-minded. Lewes, in the words of one
- galleries, convivial cafes, and nautical lore endear it to 3000 year-round inhabitants.
- Difficult Choices and Hard-Won Successes in Maritime Preservation
- loved old ships and nautical lore, perhaps due to love of history, pride in achievements past, or the ancestral tie to salt water.
Suggested News Resources
- Remarkable lightness of a playful filmmaker
- His profile was significantly raised by the acclaimed Les trois couronnes du matelot (Three Crowns of the Sailor, 1983), a complex set of narratives drawing on nautical lore.
Suggested Web Resources
- Category:Nautical lore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Pages in category "Nautical lore". The following 42 pages are in this category, out of 42 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Salty superstition and nautical lore for mariners.
- Salty superstition has a long history among mariners.
- Nautical lore | Facebook
- Description above from the Wikipedia article Nautical lore, licensed under CC-BY -SA full list of contributors here.
- Nautical Lore - Nautical Slang from the Nineteenth Century
- May 31, 2006 Burial at sea for cremation ashes, funerals at sea with burial at sea locations from coast to coast. Complete maritime funeral options.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Nautical Lore Topics
Related searchesmedieval inquisition
maria hertogh riots maria hertogh
westmoreland county virginia history
fitchburg railroad history
spring loaded camming device history
list of australian aboriginal tribes
steyr aug variants