- Perfect geometry
- It is a vast palette of blue, green and brown – in that order. The clear and azure blue sky appears punctuated by greens in enchanting hues as they spike heavenwards from atop the mountain ranges they inhabit.
- The indispensable Kasi of the South
- Within the sprawling temple premises, there are separate halls for Vishnu, Vinayaka, Nava Graha and the saint Shirdi Sai Baba among others. Demigods like Virabhadra and Kaal Bhairava also figure quite prominently. There is a rare confluence of three ...
- The Dalit Panther's first leap
- In 1972, a small news item appeared in 'Nava Kaal'. Leading Dalit writers were about to come together in a classroom to discuss the ineffective leadership in the Republican Party and find an alternative answer to it.
- Hanuman Chalisa:History
- This hymn (स्तोत्र, स्तुतिगीत) was written by Gosvāmī Ŧulasīđās (गोस्वामी तुलसीदास) in the sixteenth century. Hanumān Chālīsā is written in Avađhī (अवधी; Awadhi). Ŧulasīđās is called Mahākavi (महाकवि).
- Event: Shopping festival to celebrate the Bengali New Year When: Till April 18
- April 15 at Academy of Fine Arts; 3 pm: Renaissance presents its Hindi production, Kaal-Kothri. Direction: Aloke Chakravorty. April 15 at Minerva Theatre; 6.
Nava Kaal is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Nava Kaal books and related discussion.