A selection of articles related to nekhebet.
Original articles from our library related to the Nekhebet. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Nekhebet.
- The great god of the Nile was called Hapi. In sacred art, he was depicted as a man, somewhat overweight to symbolize abundance, and with female breasts to symbolize the river’s fertile properties. He is an ancient god, to the Egyptians as well as modern man,...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
Nekhebet is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Nekhebet books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- COLOR in recent and forthcoming SFCOC staff publications
- by the goddesses Nekhebet and Wadjet, respectively (Figure 14). The choice of gold to represent the red crown on Tutankhamun's jewelry was not incidental.
- Egyptian Gods & Goddesses Handout
- First Face: Great Mother Goddess Archetypes: Shakti, Demeter, Gaia
- Goddess Archetypes: Inanna, Nekhebet,. Persephone, Kali-Uma, Priest/esses of Eleusis. Male Archetypes: Hades/Pluto, Osiris, Anubis.
- Origin of the Caduceus Motif
- Kingdom, circa 2800 to 2250 bc depicts the goddesses Nekhebet and Sati.
- Narmer Palette Narmer Mace Head
- Over Narmer's head flies Hathor in her Mut/Nekhebet vulture transformation. namesake of Nekheb-Nekhen, a neighborhood of Edfu.
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
- Ancient Egypt: the Mythology - Nekhebet
- Nekhebet was the vulture-goddess of Upper Egypt whose cult center was the city of Nekheb. She was a protective deity of the south along with Seth.
- Nekhebet.com - Wonders of Ancient Egypt
- Dedicated to the wonders, mysteries, religion and history of ancient and modern Egypt. With details and resources relating to various Egyptian topics.
- Nekhebet.com - Egyptian Gods and Goddesses : Amun, Anubis
- Nekhebet.com - Wonders of Ancient and Modern Egypt. Wonders.
- Nekhebet. A woman with the head of a vulture.
- Ahmose Pen-Nekhebet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Ahmose Pen-Nekhebet. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Jump to: navigation, search.
dream dictionary ice skating
scurvy modern incidence
the wiggles henry the octopus