A selection of articles related to nekhebet.
Original articles from our library related to the Nekhebet. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Nekhebet.
- The great god of the Nile was called Hapi. In sacred art, he was depicted as a man, somewhat overweight to symbolize abundance, and with female breasts to symbolize the river’s fertile properties. He is an ancient god, to the Egyptians as well as modern man,...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
Nekhebet is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Nekhebet books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- COLOR in recent and forthcoming SFCOC staff publications
- by the goddesses Nekhebet and Wadjet, respectively (Figure 14). The choice of gold to represent the red crown on Tutankhamun's jewelry was not incidental.
- Egyptian Gods & Goddesses Handout
- First Face: Great Mother Goddess Archetypes: Shakti, Demeter, Gaia
- Goddess Archetypes: Inanna, Nekhebet,. Persephone, Kali-Uma, Priest/esses of Eleusis. Male Archetypes: Hades/Pluto, Osiris, Anubis.
- Origin of the Caduceus Motif
- Kingdom, circa 2800 to 2250 bc depicts the goddesses Nekhebet and Sati.
- Narmer Palette Narmer Mace Head
- Over Narmer's head flies Hathor in her Mut/Nekhebet vulture transformation. namesake of Nekheb-Nekhen, a neighborhood of Edfu.
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
- Ancient Egypt: the Mythology - Nekhebet
- Nekhebet was the vulture-goddess of Upper Egypt whose cult center was the city of Nekheb. She was a protective deity of the south along with Seth.
- Nekhebet.com - Wonders of Ancient Egypt
- Dedicated to the wonders, mysteries, religion and history of ancient and modern Egypt. With details and resources relating to various Egyptian topics.
- Nekhebet.com - Egyptian Gods and Goddesses : Amun, Anubis
- Nekhebet.com - Wonders of Ancient and Modern Egypt. Wonders.
- Nekhebet. A woman with the head of a vulture.
- Ahmose Pen-Nekhebet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Ahmose Pen-Nekhebet. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Jump to: navigation, search.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchespole bending
william wallace origins
nationalism in the united states
asch conformity experiments
us open tennis trivia