- The Hot Zone: Black Death Returns to Madagascar
- Thank-you. You are right about side effects. Neosalvarsan, the arsenic cure, brought you so close to death the spirochetes died and Prontosil chemically changed to a sulfa in the blood.
- Q&A: Kimberly Jensen
- Physicians provided treatment for venereal disease at the time using Neosalvarsan with a series of injections across several months. This was before penicillin and rates of cure varied.
- Aug. 31, 1909: First Chemotherapy Drug Treats Syphilis
- Physicians continued to use Salvarsan and its less toxic sister, Neosalvarsan, to treat syphilis until the late 1940s, when penicillin replaced Neosalvarsan (substance No. 914) as the syphilis treatment of choice.
- Zum 100. Todestag von Paul Ehrlich
- Jenes Salvarsan und kurz darauf das nebenwirkungsärmere Neosalvarsan, das Ehrlich und sein Mitarbeiter Sahachiro Hata testeten und 1910 auf den Markt brachten, war der bescheidene, aber entscheidende Anfang moderner Arzneimittelforschung.
Neosalvarsan is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Neosalvarsan books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searchescalvin cycle
dream dictionary examination
acetic acid use as solvent
ceramic forming techniques
gaulish language orthography