A selection of articles related to neural darwinism.
Original articles from our library related to the Neural Darwinism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Neural Darwinism.
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Receptive. Element: Earth. Solid lt. blue/turquoise. Gentle, friendly, calming, soothing; Opens throat, heart, and solar plexus centers for self-expression, artistic creativity, healing. Throat, thyroid, nerve and brain paths. Reduces self-damaging behavior,...
Earth Mysteries >> Stones, Minerals & Metals
- Hypnosis, volition, and mind control.
- 5.1. Is the hypnotist in control of me? The exact nature of what we experience as 'will' or volition is anage-old philosophical problem that has yet to be resolved by brain scientistsor psychologists. Some aspects of hypnotic responding point out weaknesses...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Manifesting World Enlightenment: Part 1
- Amazing things take root and grow, from the minds of the world. Human creations are much more far reaching than mere cities and nations. We are also creators of mental and spiritual manifestations , and these are of world changing scope! Humans are idea and...
Mind >> World Mind
- Synaesthesia: The Crossing of the Senses
- "We interpret one sense by another." William Hazlitt "Although medicine has known about synaesthesia for three centuries, it keeps forgetting that it knows. Richard Cytowic, in "Synaesthesia: Phenomenology and Neuropsychology a Review of...
Modern Science >> Synesthesia
Neural Darwinism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Neural Darwinism books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Ready, Set: AI Challenges Human Champion at World's Hardest Game
- These neural networks take a description of the Go board as an input and process it through 12 different network layers containing millions of neuron-like connections.” The breakthrough was significant and surprisingly abrupt. For decades ...
- Sleep Paralysis Cure Will Finally Vanquish the Demons of Our Ancestors
- So Jalal dug. But he didn't start with the neural nuts and bolts of the disorder like a neuroscientist might.
- Oliver Sacks on the Kind of Hallucination He Would Have Liked to Have
- Edelman's neural Darwinism saw the brain's networks, Dr. Sacks writes, like "an orchestra … without a conductor, an orchestra which makes its own music” out of experience. Sometimes that music can be spooky and heart-rending—or comforting.
- Oliver Sacks, Neurologist Who Wrote About the Brain's Quirks, Dies at 82
- On his website, Dr. Sacks maintained a partial list of topics he had written about. It included aging, amnesia, color, deafness, dreams, ferns, Freud, hallucinations, neural Darwinism, phantom limbs, photography, pre-Columbian history, swimming and twins.
Suggested Web Resources
- Neural Darwinism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Neural Darwinism, a large scale theory of brain function by Gerald Edelman, was initially published in 1978, in a book called The Mindful Brain (MIT Press).
- Neural Darwinism: The Theory Of Neuronal Group Selection
- Neural Darwinism ranges over many disciplines, focusing on key problems in developmental and evolutionary biology, anatomy, physiology, ethology, and ...
- Neural Darwinism - Mind Creators
- Discusses the basic ideas behind the theory of neural darwinism.
- Gerald Edelman's theory of consciousness - Neural Darwinism, re
- Gerald Edelman's theory of consciousness - summary and explanation. Neural Darwinism. The Theory of Neural group selection (TNGS)is based on the ...
- William H. Calvin, book review of NEURAL DARWINISM in Science
- Neural Darwinism is a fine example of Edelman's broad, bottom-up approach to how nervous systems get themselves organized, store information, and create ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Neural Darwinism Topics
Related searchessartre and bad faith criticisms
us bancorp subsidiaries