A selection of articles related to newborn screening.
Original articles from our library related to the Newborn Screening. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Newborn Screening.
- Welsh. Wife of Pwyll, mother of Pryderi. Unjustly accused of destroying Her newborn son (who had been kidnapped by a nameless Fiend; see above), She is compelled to take on the role of a horse, until Her son is unexpectedly returned to her. She is considered...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- This Goddess replica is a composite of several images found scattered from Libya to Egypt Dated in the predynastic period BCE, they also appear on cave wall paintings from Paleolithic Algeria. The culture that produced Her was a sophisticated group of people...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Candelifera and Carmentia
- Two closely associated Goddesses, Candelifera guides an unborn infant to Lucina and the experience of the childs first sight, while Carmentia is an oracular Goddess who pronounces a newborn's destiny based on what, in fact is the first thing they lay eyes...
Deities & Heros >> Roman
- An Aspect of Diana, Lucina is both a Spirit of midwivery as the Source of the first light seen by a newborn, and also Goddess of Moonlight and hence bringer of visions and phantasms. See also Candelifera....
Deities & Heros >> Roman
- The Littlest Truth
- One bright morning, when I was young, I went looking for Truth. I found the truth of the moment, fiery hot with Conviction, lurking around every corner. As Time passed by I found the truth of today, the truth of yesterday, and the ever glittering truth of...
Poetry & Fable >> Fables
- The Fool
- Coming to Birth thru the material Born to the planet thru meat Open wide gates of the female I am born cosmic joker. Pan-God of the universe supreme Promise of invention reassured As I, Sun, of the newborn Come alive from the dark. King of the unseen, I...
Poetry >> Tarot
- Welcome again to the Rune-of-the-Month Club. Actually, it seems like it's become more like the Rune-of-the-Season Club, since the last time I sat down to write one of these, I was snowed it; and now, daytime highs are well into the 80's! I'll try to write a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
Newborn Screening is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Newborn Screening books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- National Newborn Screening Status Report
- National Newborn Screening Status Report. Updated 09/01/11. The U.
- Newborn Screening Tests
- Tandem mass spectrometry in newborn screening
- Tandem mass spectrometry in newborn screening.
- Newborn Screening For Sick or Preterm Newborns
- Page 9. Newborn Hearing Screening and the Sick/Preterm Page 10-11 Newborn Screening is an important part of newborn health.
Suggested News Resources
- AAP Addresses Newborn Congenital Heart Disease Screening
- "Although newborn screening for ...
- Health personnel trained on newborn screening for sickle cell disease
- The newborn screening, which has been piloted in the Ashanti Region, is expected to be rolled out throughout Ghana in all the regional capitals and districts.
- Newborn screening for CF set to be enhanced
- referred to the services they need, where they can be assessed and treated promptly. Details of all aspects of the Newborn Bloodspot Screening Programme, the test and screening card storage are all available from the HSE on www.newbornscreening.
- Cora's Story and Newborn Screening
- I have to admit, I found the newborn screening my daughter went through a bit of a nuisance. I didn't want her dragged down to the nursery. I wanted to cuddle with her in my room.
- Slate, science, and Brian Palmer
- For me this is just another piece of the pushback that we've been seeing, like the environmentalist versions (Jonathan Latham), and the newborn-screening stuff (Mary Carmichael's article). I'm not linking because I'll wind up in spam hell.
Suggested Web Resources
- Newborn Screening: MedlinePlus
- Newborn screening tests take place before your newborn leaves the hospital.
- National Newborn Screening and Genetics Resource Center
- May 9, 2011 Provides a large collection of resources on birth defects and on genetic/metabolic screening of infants as a component of public health.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Newborn Screening Topics
louis riel background
isotope analysis archaeology
harris county texas geography
burlington ontario demographics