A selection of articles related to newgrange.
Original articles from our library related to the Newgrange. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Newgrange.
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Celtic Gods and Heroes: The Gods of Ancient Ireland
- Celtic peoples established themselves in Ireland about 2,500 years ago. But humans had inhabited the island long before that, as evidenced by the monument site at Newgrange dating to 3000 B.C., as well as the prehistoric megaliths at Carrowmore in Sligo, and...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Newgrange is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Newgrange books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Magic and genius of Newgrange never fails to astound on the winter solstice
- Professor MJ O'Kelly carried out excavations at Newgrange from 1962 to 1975 and became known as the father of “New Archaeology." It was O'Kelly who produced the first scientific dates for Newgrange and rediscovered the roof box, which guides the light ...
- A question thousands of years in the asking
- Before the invention of the wheel, how did they move the mega-boulders and slabs of white quartz many kilometres to Newgrange? How did they engineer a roof that has never leaked when we feel fortunate to get 20 years out of shingles on our roofs today!
- Solstice Magic: Ireland's Newgrange
- Newgrange is part of a complex of monuments built along a bend of the River Boyne known collectively as Brú na Bóinne. Knowth and Dowth are also well known, but there are as many as 35 smaller mounds in the region. (Photograph by Berthold ...
- Beaufort Securities Breakfast Alert
- At the Newgrange prospect, Providence plans to start a 3D seismic programme in the later part of 2016.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesinsular cortex
making of doom programming
dream dictionary alarm bell
egyptian alphabet and grammar
koreatown denver colorado