- How do atheists celebrate Christmas?
- Some folks have started celebrating “Newtonmas,” named in honor of English scientist Isaac Newton, who was born December 25 by the Julian calendar in use in England at the time. The holiday, which was publicized by Skeptics Society founder Michael ...
- A Complete List of Full Moon Christmases for the Last 2000 Years
- As an example, it has become popular in some secularist circles to celebrate Newtonmas instead of Christmas, given that Isaac Newton was born on December 25, 1642. But that birth date was recorded in the defunct Julian calendar. According to Gregorian ...
- Psicanálise viva [Psicanálise entrevista, vol. 2]
- Não precisamos adorar Copérnico, Kepler ou Newton, mas saber afinal se a terra gira ou não, e como, em volta do quê. Por quanto tempo e carregando que tipo de animais, talvez seja pedir demais para saber. Mas a psicanálise teria algo a dizer nessa ...
- International Holiday Cheer, or Mother's Little Multi-Cultural Helper
- Scientists/Admirers of the Enlightenment: Newtonmas (25 December) celebrates Isaac Newton's traditional birthday. Another name for this holiday is Gravmas, an abbreviation of "gravitational mass". Because Theory of Gravitation.
- Top tweets of 2015
- Student-made explainer honors Newton. Happy #Newtonmas! Newton's laws help us launch and land rockets.
Newtonmas is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Newtonmas books and related discussion.