- International Textbook of Diabetes Mellitus, 4th Ed., Excerpt #15
- The majority of T2DM cases occur in overweight and obese children and they may have clinical signs of insulin resistance, such as acanthosis nigricans.
- Cutaneous conditions 'reliable markers' for PCOS
- Women who met PCOS diagnostic criteria presented with higher rates of axillary acanthosis nigricans and more severe truncal hirsutism that women who did not. Schmidt and colleagues reported that acne prevalence was higher in women with PCOS, but it ...
- 7 Things Your Skin Can Tell You About Your Health
- This makes it difficult for your body to heal the wounds. Another skin sign of Type 2 diabetes is velvety plaques on the neck or armpit (a condition known as acanthosis nigricans), according to WebMD.
- Coming out of the dark with Acanthosis Nigricans
- Ever wondered about that dark discolouration at the back of your neck? By now, you know that it's not dirt build up, since you or those around you have scrubbed tirelessly, only to see no improvement.
- 5 Reasons Your Period Is Late
- PCOS can also contribute to excessive oily skin and excessive acne, multiple cysts on the ovaries, velvety darkened skin called acanthosis nigricans, and insulin resistance (which if worsens, can become diabetes).
Nigricans is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Nigricans books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searchesculture of pakistan food
s l wong phonetic symbols phonology
carrier task group
ho chi minh city medical
long branch new jersey demographics