- Why some Syrian refugees see marriage as the only option
- Customary marriage — known as nikah 'urfi — is a type of marriage where the contract is not registered with the state and no witnesses are required.
- I do... for now. UK Muslims revive temporary marriages
- The temporary marriage, or nikah mut'ah, is an ancient Islamic practice that unites man and woman as husband and wife for a limited time. Historically it was used so that a man could have a wife for a short while when travelling long distances.
- How Tunisia is Turning Into a Salafist Battleground
- For the men who control them. To touch a woman, one needs the intervention of god, jihad, or a marital decree known as urfi. ...
- Algeria Wrestles With Effects of Jihadists' Temporary Marriages
- Zawaj mu'aqqat (temporary marriage), commonly known as pleasure marriage or nikah mut'ah marriage, is a concept that is not new in the jargon of jihadist Islamists who believe they are fighting for the cause of Allah.
- The Rising Sex Traffic in Forced Islamic Marriage
- For example, marriages known as nikah ufr ("customary marriages") have become popular among young Egyptian students who choose to live together as couples without the legal and social complications of a registered, public marriage.
Nikah Urfi is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Nikah Urfi books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Nikah Urfi Topics
environment variable systemdrive
fallacy of negative premises
ras constitutively active ras
lucha libre rules