- Kiwanis Club members Ray Sims discusses economic cycles
- Sims said in 2006, he predicted the 2008 economic downturn using the Kondratieff Wave, a 60-year business cycle developed by Nikolai Kondratieff in the 1920s.
- Canada and the world ride the long wave to GDP gloom: Don Pittis
- Murdered by Stalin as an enemy of communism, Nikolai Kondratieff was never really a hero to capitalism, either. The Russian economist's idea, widely challenged by many conventional Western economists, is that capitalist economies, as well as passing ...
- Finding patterns where none exist is human
- For example, take the theory of Kondratiev waves. Back in the 1920s, a Soviet economist named Nikolai Kondratiev (sometimes spelled Kondratieff) theorised that the economy moved in long cycles lasting 40 years to 60 years. Expansion would be followed ...
- CRM and GDP
- It's the same idea embodied in long economic waves named after the Russian economist Nikolai Kondratiev (or Kondratieff). It takes awhile for inventions like these to percolate through a culture. As a matter of fact, each of these inventions represents ...
- Do Business Cycles Die Of Old Age?
- Whenever the US economy looks shaky, one of the most common questions I hear is whether this recovery has "run its course" or "gotten old." The downturn of the US economy during the Great Recession ended back in June 2009, so it's now been about 80 ...
Nikolai Kondratieff is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Nikolai Kondratieff books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Nikolai Kondratieff Topics
classic female blues
american history glossary
william crookes life