Nine Lyric Poets
A selection of articles related to nine lyric poets.
Original articles from our library related to the Nine Lyric Poets. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Nine Lyric Poets.
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 5
- Chapter 5 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created. 5:3 And Adam...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- Welcome to the Perthro column of Rune-of-the-Month Club. Perthro is the Rune for the sound represented by the Roman letter “P.” This is the sixth Rune of the second Aett, hence the fourteenth Rune, so we are moving right along! Perthro is the reconstructed...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Software of the Mind #3: Implementing Natural Software
- " Logic " is a primary means for the refinement of the mental vehicle in particular. A common view of logic is that it is merely a system of reasoning that is in itself without direction. This view holds that logic is only a framework of...
Mystic Sciences >> Mind
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 7
- MAKING FRIENDS WITH NATURE AND NATURAL LAW The fall of human society has not occurred overnight. It has taken many centuries, many millennia in fact, for the Divine potentials and inherent genius of the human being to degrade into the modern...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
Nine Lyric Poets is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Nine Lyric Poets books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Greek Poems
- "She wrote nine book of lyric poems, and invented the 'pléctron'. She also wrote epigrams, elegaic couplets, iambics and monodic songs.
- The Landscape and Language of Korinna
- and her works could have been copied by the Alexandrians presumably without her having entered the canon of nine lyric poets.
- SAPPHO AS THE TENTH MUSE IN HELLENISTIC EPIGRAM
- refined and allusive treatments of the nine canonical archaic lyric poets.
- Greek Lyric Poetry 7AACM150 Indicative Bibliography This is a
- D Gerber, A companion to the Greek lyric poets (Leiden 1997). D Gerber H Lloyd-Jones, `The Cologne fragment of Alcaeus', GRBS 9 (1968).
Suggested Web Resources
- Nine lyric poets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The nine lyric poets (nine melic poets) were a canon of archaic Greek composers esteemed by the scholars of Hellenistic Alexandria as worthy of critical study.
- Category:Nine lyric poets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Pages in category "Nine lyric poets".
- Sappho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Later Greeks included her in the list of nine lyric poets.
- Hellenistic Women Poets
- HELLENISTIC WOMEN POETS.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.