A selection of articles related to nivelle offensive.
Original articles from our library related to the Nivelle Offensive. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Nivelle Offensive.
- Arsenicum album (Arsenic)
- This remedy is made of white arsenic oxide; in the raw, pure form it provides a strong poison and in the potentiated forms it turns out to be a great medicine. The basic idea in homoeopathic Arsenicum is fearful anxiety, restlessness and nervous exhaustion....
Remedies >> Remedies A
- Baptisia tinctoria (Wild Indigo)
- The source for this remedy is the wild indigo plant. The Northern American Indians discovered the anti-bacterial properties of this herb and they used it for paint. Baptisia is an acute remedy for cases of quickly arising infections and inflammations, leading...
Remedies >> Remedies B
- Bufo rana (Toad Poison)
- Homoeopathic Bufo is made from the poison of the toad. The toad releases his poison when he is teased or irritated; it can paralyze a dog. The Chinese were the first to apply dried toad poison for a variety of complaints. The American homoeopath J.T. Kent...
Remedies >> Remedies B
- Chamomille is a soothing and calming herb. People who need this remedy lack the motherly cover and protection of the Chamomille; some layer seems to be missing, what makes them react oversensitive to pain and outward impressions. Chamomilla is one of the...
Remedies >> Remedies C
- The Suit of Wands: Tarot Card Meanings
- 1 ACE OF WANDS Meaning: Creative flame, creative inspiration to new actions, energy, force. Start of an undertaking. Beginning. Enterprise. Reversed: False start, cancellation of plans. 2 OF WANDS - Dominion Meaning: Willpower, will and courage in...
Tarot Cards >> The Minor Arcana
- The third rune of the third aett bears the reconstructed Common Germanic name Ehwaz. Later, its name became Aihws in Gothic (note how archaic Gothic is), and still later, Eh in Anglo-Saxon. If you remember that “k” in Indo-European changed to “h” in Germanic,...
Divination >> Rune Stones
Nivelle Offensive is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Nivelle Offensive books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Battle Without End
- The French Army, in the years before the war, had adopted a doctrine that stressed the offensive to a point that was virtually mystical. "To excess" was one of the army's maxims, "and even that may not be far enough.
- France commemorates centenary of WW1 Battle of Verdun
- The Verdun Memorial has been renovated for the centenary. The aim of the German offensive, according to commander-in-chief Erich von Falkenhayn, was to "bleed France dry". The ensuing carnage was waged over a tiny ...
- Hell on Earth
- The French commander, Gen Nivelle, ordered his 2nd Army: "No surrender; no retreat, not even an inch. Die where you ... France suffered another million dead during the war, many in the suicidal offensive at the Chemin des Dammes.
- The Nivelle Offensive and the Battle of the Aisne, 1917...
- This is another of the excellent Battlefield Guides which are published by Pen and Sword, this time covering a WW1 battlefield that holds an important place in the story of the French Army in particular during WW1.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.