A selection of articles related to nordic countries.
Original articles from our library related to the Nordic Countries. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Nordic Countries.
- Dionysos – A Gift of Abundance and Divine Inspiration
- At the end of the summer the four elements have worked their alchemy; a good balance between fertile earth, air of the right temperature, the fire of the sun and gentle rain showers will now have resulted in an abundant harvest. Flowers proudly open up to the...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- God The Mother
- IN THE WESTERN WORLD, we are all familiar with the concept of a male god, whether the idea comes from Christianity, Judaism or Mohammedanism. When we think of a male god, at the back of our minds is a picture of an old man in the sky, who has a certain set of...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- But on to Othala, which in the eastern areas of the proto-Germanic-speaking area was evidently pronounced Othila. This is the “O” rune. It did not carry over into the Younger Futhark, so Ur(uz) did double-duty. Nevertheless, the Scandinavian languages still...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 10
- Chapter 10 10:1 Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood. 10:2 The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras. 10:3 And the sons of...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- Ostara - The Vernal Equimox
- ABOUT OSTARA | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT OSTARA Ostara (pronounced Oh-star-ah) is also called Eostre, Easter, Vernal Equinox, Spring Equinox, and the First Day of Spring. This is the time of year when day & night are equal, and heralds the return of...
Holidays >> Ostara
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 26
- Chapter 26 26:1 And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar. 26:2 And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
Nordic Countries is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Nordic Countries books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Telecommunication markets in the Nordic countries
- between the Nordic countries. ● A dynamic database that will change and grow with developments in the telecom markets.
Suggested News Resources
- Such a criminal phenomenon
- While until recently, the Nordic countries were ranked the happiest and most peaceful on the Global Peace Index, one cannot ignore that more people are killed in the crime fiction that comes out of their country than in the region itself.
- Which country has the smallest gender gap?
- Four Nordic countries rank at the top of the Global Gender Gap Index released last year by the World Economic Forum.
- German, Nordic Buyers Take Majority Of UniCredit Covered Bond
- German investors picked up 41% of the 10-year bonds, while investors from the Nordic countries bought 20% of the bonds. Italian investors purchased 18%, French 12%, Austrian and Swiss 4%, UK and Irish 3%.
- Windows Phone 7 "Mango" Done, Says Microsoft
- Peter Wissinger, Microsoft's director of Mobile Business in the Nordic countries, reportedly released an official update on Friday in regards to the status of Mango, the massive update for Windows Phone 7.
Suggested Web Resources
- Scandinavian or Nordic? Difference Between Scandinavian vs Nordic
- What is the difference between Scandinavia and the Nordic Countries? And why do some say Nordic Countries and others call it Scandinavia?
- Nordic countries | Economist - World News, Politics, Economics
- Topics Index › Nordic countries Britain and the Nordic world: The strongest girls in the world.
- The Nordic Pages
- Internet the Nordic way: Selected links to Internet resources at the Nordic Countries. BOOKS.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.