A selection of articles related to nordic mythology.
Original articles from our library related to the Nordic Mythology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Nordic Mythology.
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
Nordic Mythology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Nordic Mythology books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Norse Mythology: Legends of Gods and Heroes
- Norse Mythology. Legends of Gods and Heroes by. Peter Andreas Munch.
- NORSE MYTHOLOGY!
- Muspelheim is the world of __ and fire-giants. I. This god is known as the trickster god, the father of lies and deceit.
- Bloodfeud and Scandinavian Mythology
- Bloodfeud and Scandinavian Mythology. 1.
- Scandinavian Myth on Viking-period Stone Sculpture in England
- Some 20 years ago I tried to assemble together illustrations of Norse mythology on Viking-age sculpture in England (Bailey 1980, esp. 101-42).
- 1 Nordic Mythology-B DIS-Fall 2010 (ECH-3 credits) A study of the
- Teaches Nordic Mythology at the University of Copenhagen. With DIS since 2006 . Distinguish and analyze the main problem fields of Nordic Mythology.
Suggested News Resources
- Body of Work: Dennis McNett
- I am really into Nordic mythology, so I wanted this interest to play out in the shoot. You've also just created an installation for the Vans House of Skate. What is it like watching your work being used as a skatepark?
- Google Doodle Celebrates 112th Birthday of Author Jorge Luis Borges
- Despite his Argentinean roots, Borges was "passionately interested in Nordic mythology and languages," according to the center, and he "systematically undertook the study of the old Scandinavian tongue.
- picking up the pieces
- Idun Chipp, who says her unusual first name means "goddess of apples, love, spring and hunting in Nordic mythology", has been reluctant to talk about her charismatic husband's illness since he died in 2006, but it seems now that enough time has passed.
- Girl Scout travels globe
- She recently returned from Iceland, where she studied geothermal energy and traveled to ancient sites she learned about through her study of Nordic mythology. An adventurous eater, Osborn tried fermented shark and a whale burger while there.
- Travel tips
- The flower festival, titled 'Nordic Mythology', takes place in the main city of the island of Funen from August 17 to 20.
Suggested Web Resources
- Norse Mythology : Gods, Goddesses, Spirits, Legends from
- Hundreds of facts... from Norse Mythology: the Viking Gods of Scandinavia.
- Creation of the World - Norse Mythology on the Creation of the World
- URL = www.luth.se/luth/present/sweden/history/gods/Old_norse_myth.
- Norse Myths and Legends: Illustrations of Norse Mythology; Mythic
- Illustrations of Norse Mythology: Featuring Teutonic Mythology and the Siegfried Legends.
Nordic Mythology Topics
Related searchesronald fairbairn
rollingwood california demographics
alex jones journalist background
basal ganglia connections
dreams meanings dictionary