A selection of articles related to nordic paganism.
Original articles from our library related to the Nordic Paganism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Nordic Paganism.
- A Basic View of Paganism or Bambi Pagansim
- "You people are all so nice! I like the idea of Paganism, but I don't think I could be that nice all the time." The writer was genuinely perplexed and driven to ask me if it is really possible that Pagans, Witches and Wiccans really lived such...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- A Cup of Hemlock: Dealing with Conflict in Coven and Congregation
- There have always been those folks who point out our foibles, and make us take an uncomfortable look at our world, as well as those who simply had the misfortune to point out the obvious when it was unwelcome. Then there are troublemakers, folks who go out of...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Values in the Balance
- We in the Pagan community pride ourselves on our tolerance for difference. Differences in lifestyle, sexual preference, orientation and expression, race, orthodoxy, tradition, ritual structure, costumes, positions on nudity, personal interaction styles, etc....
Holidays >> Mabon
Nordic Paganism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Nordic Paganism books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Nordic Ideology between Religion and Scholarship
- Nordic Ideology between Religion and Scholarship. Pagan and Christian Imaginations in.
- a Source to Norse Pagan Mythology or a Christian. Revelation in Disguise of a Classical Sibylline. Oracle?
- Encyclopedia of Religion and Nature
- Nordic Paganism?” Nova Religio: The Journal of. Alternative and Emergent Religions 4:1 (2000),.
Suggested News Resources
- a comparison of Wicca with popular Christianity
- The Nazis appropriated some themes and imagery from a romanticized version of old Nordic paganism, but there were no temples to these gods. Nazi Germany was a Christian country, through and through.
Suggested Web Resources
- Norse paganism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Norse paganism is the religious traditions of the Norsemen, a Germanic people living in the Nordic countries.
- Nordic Paganism | Facebook
- Sign UpNordic Paganism is on FacebookSign up for Facebook to connect with Nordic Paganism. Nordic Paganism. Information.
- ASATRU (Norse Heathenism)
- Feb 6, 2011 In 1000 CE, Iceland became the second last Norse culture to convert. Their prime motivation was economic.
- How many were introduced to Nordic paganism through Wagner's "ring
- Samwise, Scandinavians ARE Germanic.
- An introduction to Asatru
- Within a few short centuries the last remnants of Nordic Paganism, which once stretched through all of Northern Europe were thought dead.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.