- FLOODING UPDATE: High waters still affecting travel in Northamptonshire
- Northamptonshire County Council is reporting no further school closures today. London Midland has reported that trains on the West Coast Mainline through Northampton are running as normal. Yesterday there were long delays as flood water covered the ...
- Railway lines re-open in Northamptonshire after woman killed by train
- Railway lines re-open in Northamptonshire after woman killed by train. Train users in Kettering and Wellingborough are facing severe delays this afternoon (Tuesday) after a person was hit by a train. Sam Wildman.
- Major delays on railways and cars trapped in flood waters after heavy rain
- Those not cancelled were subject to delays of 90 minutes, according to Virgin Trains - while London Midland said rail replacement buses were "not an option" along some parts of the route earlier in the day due to weather conditions in Northamptonshire.
- LIVE: Flooding in Northants still having impact 24 hours later as focus shifts
- Flooding also hit the railway lines yesterday between Rugby, Northampton and Milton Keynes, and at midday it was announced all trains - including Virgin and London Midland services - between the three towns had been cancelled until further notice.
- Passenger numbers up again at Corby Railway Station
- More than 270,000 people used the station for the period 2014/15, according to figures from the Office for the Rail Regulator. And the numbers are likely to increase even more once ongoing improvements are complete, says a member of a rail users group.
Northamptonshire Railways is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Northamptonshire Railways books and related discussion.