Northwest Caucasian Mythology
A selection of articles related to northwest caucasian mythology.
Original articles from our library related to the Northwest Caucasian Mythology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Northwest Caucasian Mythology.
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- An Overview of Greek Gods and Goddesses
- The Twelve Olympians were the main gods and goddesses in Greek mythology. They resided in Mount Olympus and actually totals to fourteen Olympians but never more than twelve in a time.
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
Northwest Caucasian Mythology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Northwest Caucasian Mythology books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Islamic State group: The full story
- Hundreds were killed in vicious internecine clashes which ended with Isis being driven out of most of north-west Syria by al-Nusra and allied Syrian rebel factions. But Isis took over Raqqa, a provincial capital in the north-east, and made ...
- Indo-European history result of interaction of Purus with western Anus
- In the period of the composition of the Oldest Books (6,3,7) of the Rigveda, Soma was a rare, exotic, and imported item, introduced from the northwest by the Anu and Druhyu tribes to the west of the Purus (the Vedic aryas). Its place of origin ...
- Diesel drops below £1 and fuel prices could go to 90p a litre, says the RAC
- Petrol and diesel pump prices dropping as low as 90p per litre is 'not that far-fetched', according to fuel-price experts after the four main supermarkets cut the price of diesel below £1 this week.
- Massive demand for Porsche's Macan have seen used values soar as much as 25
- Classic cars make a great investment, but it's not just sought-after collectibles that are providing strong financial returns.
Suggested Web Resources
- Nart saga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- They form the basic mythology of the tribes in the area, including Abazin, ... The Northwest Caucasian (Circassian, Abkhaz-Abasin and Ubykh) versions are also ...
- Northwest Caucasian languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Northwest Caucasian languages, also called West Caucasian, Abkhazo- Adyghean, or sometimes Pontic (as opposed to Caspian for the Northeast ...
- Nart Sagas from the Caucasus: Myths and Legends from the
- The Nart sagas are to the Caucasus what Greek mythology is to Western civilization. ... of Nart sagas from all of the Northwest-Caucasian-speaking peoples.
- Victor Friedman - Nart Sagas from the Caucasus: Myths and
- The sagas of the Narts, tales and myths of a race of larger-than-life heroes ... As the most archaic of the Nart corpora, the Northwest Caucasian Nart sagas ...
- Relations between Indo-European and the Caucasus | Wanana
- Nov 5, 2010 studies on comparative mythology and the phyletic relations between ... Proto- Indo-European and Northwest-Caucasian, which, according to ...
Northwest Caucasian Mythology Topics
Related searchessydney tower
dream dictionary barbie doll
interstate 44 history
user friendly characters cthulhu
terrorism in india
palladium books alignment