A selection of articles related to nubia.
Original articles from our library related to the Nubia. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Nubia.
- Amunhotep-son-of-Hapu was a courtier, who was employed as a royal scribe and "overseer of all the work of the king" in the reign of Amunhotep III (Dynasty XVIII). Later, in the Ptolemaic period, he was deified on account of his reputation for wisdom....
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
Nubia is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Nubia books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Ancient Tomb Reveals Cultural Entanglement between Egypt and Nubia
- At some point around 1500 BC, Egypt conquered Upper Nubia, and each kingdom took on cultural aspects of the other. Clear evidence of this cultural mixing is seen in the recently discovered grave of two women buried in Nubian style but with Egyptian ...
- Memory and Resistance: Black History Month in Egypt's Nubia
- The history of Egypt's Nubia is often misunderstood by foreigners because of white-washed Hollywood depictions of ancient Egypt like the latest movie of “Gods of Egypt.
- 'Komma' initiative aims to address stereotypes, issues in Nubia
- Popular culture has propagated a certain idyllic image of Nubia in people's minds; colourful small houses lining the Nile, charming natural scenes, the “generous Nubian people” and their beautiful smiles, traditional dances and characteristic clothes.
- Ancient Egyptian tomb shows Nubian woman buried Nubian style as two cultures met
- An ancient grave from a middle-class tomb just east of the Nile River has revealed the complex blending of cultures that emerged when a colonizing power and indigenous people came together. The Egyptian tomb, in what was Upper Nubia, holds a woman ...
- Oliver & Nubia: Sparkly Ribbons and Tassels? Gimme now!!!
- Nubia: Noooooo don't take it away just yet… Fine I guess it's over for today. ;).
Related searchespenance and reconciliation
richard feynman the manhattan project
isle of bute history
hand grenade sting grenades