A selection of articles related to nucleus accumbens.
Original articles from our library related to the Nucleus Accumbens. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Nucleus Accumbens.
- Magick and Science
- Many people wonder how magick works. To the non-believer, they say that there is no proof that spells work. And those abilities such as telekinesis are illusionary or product of imagination. They ask us to use scientific means to explain how exactly these...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- Hyperspace Reality
- Despite the fact that the 'new' physics, a godchild of the Einsteinian revolution has taught us that the Universe we perceive is a mere shadow of a vastly more unpredictable one, most of us still view the world in a distinctly materialistic way. A world where...
Modern Science >> New Physics
- Wicca: It's Traditions and Concepts
- What is Wicca? | Wiccan Traditions | Wiccan Concepts What is Wicca? 'An it Harm None, Do what Thou Will' shall be the whole of the law. It's the rede that most Wiccan witches around the world bind themselves to. What exactly is Wicca? It's a religion based on...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Everyday is Sacred
- Throughout history, people of nature religions found something sacred everywhere they looked. There was no clear-cut boundary between what was religious and what was not, what was magical and what was not. Examples of this can be found all over Europe, where...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- The next Sephirah is Tiphareth. It is represented by the Sixes, Wands:Victory, Cups:Joy, Swords:Earned Success, Pentacles:Material Success. The sixth path is called the Mediating Intelligence and serves to equilibriate the lower six Sephiroth leading down...
Magick >> Qabalah
- Meditation and Kaballah
- Meditation is one of the most vital elements of occult and esoteric practices, especially in the study of the Kaballah. I've heard it said that prayer is talking to the Divine and meditation is listening for the answers. I've also heard that the answers come...
Mind >> Meditation
Nucleus Accumbens is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Nucleus Accumbens books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Addicted to posting on Facebook? Blame your brain
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) found that both the medial prefrontal cortex, an area the brain that is associated with reward processing, and nucleus accumbens, were activated when people decided to share self-related information.
- Are you addicted to saving money?
- The results uncovered that if participants liked the chocolate, the brain's reward center (the nucleus accumbens) demonstrated a positive reaction to seeing the candy.
- First your brain makes you crave. Then it makes you eat
- Rats with activated nucleus accumbens showed increased dopamine neuron activity, which is associated with motivated approach behavior. The team also found that the state of the basolateral amygdala had no effect on dopamine signaling levels. However ...
- Emerging role of the brain in the homeostatic regulation of energy and glucose
- Intake of palatable foods elicits dopamine release in the ventral tegmental area (VTA), which in turn activates the neural pathways from the VTA to the nucleus accumbens via the medial forebrain bundles. Interestingly, hedonic feeding is modulated by ...
- Neurofeedback Can Increase Brain Activity, Motivate Us To Be More Productive
- A third group saw the blood oxygen levels of their nucleus accumbens, a part of the brain that also deals with motivation.