A selection of articles related to nuyorican movement.
Original articles from our library related to the Nuyorican Movement. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Nuyorican Movement.
- What Is The New Age?
- The New Age movement means different things to different people. However, I feel that most all New Age topics have one basic underlying theme. That theme is personal spiritual development. Every day there are thousands upon thousands of people around the...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Pagan Musings
- We're of the old religion, sired of Time, and born of our beloved Earth Mother. For too long the people have trodden a stony path that goes only onward beneath a sky that goes only upwards. The Horned God plays in a lonely glade for the people are scattered...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- An Open Letter To The Pagan Community
- The following is an "Open Letter" to the Pagan Community from one of the nations "top" Buddhists (in a non-hierarchical way) and appeared in the Winter '93-'94 Green Egg. Since it's an "Open Letter" I doubt I'm stomping on anyone'...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Nuyorican Movement is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Nuyorican Movement books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Erró's Pop and Politics
- Although the artist Erró formally studied classical painting, fresco, and mosaic in Oslo, Florence, and Ravenna, respectively, his practice more closely reflects those of the surrealists and pop artists.
- John Farris, bohemian poet who chronicled life on Lower East Side
- Disgusted by all the political infighting in the black militant scene in the wake of the assassination, Farris migrated to the Black Arts Movement, then under the orbit of Amiri Baraka — though again he found himself on the outskirts.
- Queens Tourism Council: Its In Queens! (March 3 to March 9)
- Add to that murder, Mariachis, musicals, Alfred Hitchcock, animation, and Nuyoricans. Here's the ... Roots is an all-female company that swirls together movement from traditional dances – sabar, djembe, samba – and more contemporary technique.
- How Chris Jackson Is Building a Black Literary Movement
- On an unnervingly balmy November day, the scene at Medgar Evers College in Brooklyn was restless and expectant. Ta-Nehisi Coates was scheduled to appear on campus for a discussion about his best-selling book, ''Between the World and Me.'' Evers has ...