A selection of articles related to oak uses.
Original articles from our library related to the Oak Uses. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Oak Uses.
- Holy Oak
- The majesty of the Oak has been recognized by many cultures. The Celts, the Germanic and Nordic tribes, and the ancient Greeks all attributed this tree to their main god. To them the Oak represented power, protection and durability. The fiery Oak has strong...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary O
- Basics of Magick: The Use of Color in Magick
- White | Silver | Grey | Pink | Red | Purple | Brown | Blue | Green | Yellow | Gold | Black In magick, colors represent certain energies, goals, people and non-physical beings, such as deities or spiritual forces. For this reason, you should include candles,...
Symbology >> Colorology
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Oak: Correspondences
- Quercus alba Folk Names: Duir, Jove's Nuts, Juglans Gender: Masculine Planet: Sun Element: Fire Deity: Daga, Dianus, Jupiter, Thor, Zeus, Herne, Janus, Rhea, Cybele, Hecate, Pan, Erato Power: Protection, Health, Money, Healing, Potency, Fertility, Luck...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary O
- What is a Druid?
- According to the New Age Dictionary a Druid is defined as "a member of Celtic priests, poets, healers, and judges in pre-Christian Britain, Ireland, and France." Too the best of our knowledge that is what the Druids were, which implies that they...
Religions >> Druidism
- Valerian Root, All About
- True Wild Valerian Root, Valeriana officinalis The name "Valerian" is derived from the Latin valere , which means "to be strong" and refers to both the health benefits of the plant as well as its distinct odor. The plant was known as "...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary V
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
Oak Uses is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Oak Uses books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- northern red oak - the PLANTS Database - US Department of
- Jun 19, 2002 Red oak, common red oak, eastern red oak, mountain red oak, gray oak. Uses. Industry: Northern red oak is an important source of hardwood ...
- cherrybark oak - US Department of Agriculture
- This tree is also a pleasant shade tree and is a fast growing oak tree. Wildlife use: Many wild animals and birds use the acorns of the cherrybark as food.
- overcup oak - the PLANTS Database - US Department of Agriculture
- Alternate Names. Swamp post oak, swamp white oak, water white oak. Uses.
- OAK TREE CARE How to Collect, Store, and Plant Acorns Oak
- OAK TREE CARE. How to Collect, Store, and Plant Acorns. Oak habitats in California, particularly those along streams and rivers, and those containing valley.
- Planting Oaks For Timber And Other Uses - Upper Michigan Land
- Planting Oaks. For Timber and Other Uses. The nearly 50 million acres of oak- dominated woodlands in the North Central states are a common and economically.
Suggested News Resources
- Oak Park officials hope zoning changes jump-start Madison Street
- The village of Oak Park is hoping a new mix of businesses and residential uses can revive its Madison Street corridor. During the Feb.
- Caves of beer: How brewers age Founders KBS
- People have been known to camp out in the cold for it, and 8 Degrees Plato uses a raffle-ticket system for customers eager to buy the bottles. KBS releases in Michigan on Monday, and everywhere else April 1.
- Oaks can foul Central Florida waters
- City of Orlando Street sweeper uses large spin brushes to picks up leaves Thursday, March 10, 2016 in a neighborhood on the west side of Orlando. One of the biggest sources of water pollution in Central Florida is trees.
- Hogshead: Understanding How Scots Use Whisky Barrels
- But according to Bruichladdich, 97% of all Scotch whisky is maturing in American oak. The stability of bourbon production in the U.S.
- Kim Phillips: Makers at SXSW tell the story of Denton
- Aptly named Bell & Oak, Clint Wilkinson's leather art is crafted inside Weldon's Saddle Shop & Western Wear at the corner of Bell and Oak streets in downtown Denton.
Suggested Web Resources
- Oak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Uses. Heart of oak beams of the frame of Saint-Girons church in Monein, France. Oak wood has a density of about 0.
- White Oak | The Wood Database - Lumber Identification (Hardwoods)
- Comments: White Oak is the state tree of Connecticut, Illinois, and Maryland. Connecticut's state quarter was minted with a picture and inscription of a famous ...
- oak Facts, information, pictures | Encyclopedia.com articles about oak
- Legend states that King Arthur's round table was made from one gigantic slice of a very ancient oak tree. Oak has been used as a medicine since the ancient ...
- Oak tree Facts - Soft Schools
- Oak belongs to the genus Quercus which comprises over 600 different species of trees. Most species of oak trees are deciduous with only couple of evergreen ...
- A Modern Herbal | Oak, Common - Botanical.com
- ---The astringent effects of the Oak were well known to the Ancients, by whom different parts of the tree were used, ...
Oak Uses Topics
the metamorphosis interpretation
roaring twenties harlem renaissance
parashurama sivas bow