A selection of articles related to obelisks.
Original articles from our library related to the Obelisks. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Obelisks.
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
Obelisks is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Obelisks books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Secrets of Rome - Egyptian Rome - Obelisks in Rome
- Obelisks were associated with the cult to the Egyptian Sun god Amon-Ra. The original Egyptian term to indicate this particular monument was "TeKHeN".
- The problem of the obelisks, from a study of the unfinished obelisk at
- (The nearei obelisk leans to the left owing to soil-subsidence.
- The Observatory and Obelisks, Kew (Old Deer Park)
- Local History Notes. From Richmond Libraries' Local Studies Collection. Page 1 of 1.
- THE OBELISK LIGHTER OF QUEEN HATSHEPSUT
- obelisks still stands in situ: it is a monolith of granite, 28.5 metres long, weighing 374 metric The painted relief at Deir el-Bahari showing the obelisk barge (Fig.
Suggested News Resources
- Don't be afraid to accessorize in the garden
- Gazing balls, obelisks, decorative garden stakes and small signs all can be used to add color, texture and interest to a flower bed. I've seen many old farm implements used in the landscape. Finally, art and gardens go hand in hand.
- So: Be a tourist in Colon
- By Michelle P. So BEFORE the year ends, we will be seeing obelisks dotting Colon, a street in Cebu City made famous for its oldness and character. An obelisk is a four-sided shaft of stone that tapers toward a pyramidal top.
- The Tales of Sleepy Hollow Continue With the Distinguished Hoar Family of Concord
- See the four little obelisks marking the corners of the plot? [Photo 1] They're to remind us that William Wheildon was the Chair of the association that erected the Bunker Hill Monument, a 221-foot granite obelisk, in Boston's Charlestown neighborhood.
- Epitaph a small part of Milam pioneer's story
- The rows of conventional obelisks, monoliths, lichen-coated angels, arches, and crosses of yesteryear's burials stand in orderly fashion amid ornate memorials of the 20th century. But one marker seems to dominate this community of the dead.
- For the love of Krishna
- It's that time of the year when dahi handis hang over towering human obelisks in streets crowded by devotees to celebrate the birth of Lord Krishna.
Suggested Web Resources
- Obelisk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- An obelisk is a tall four-sided narrow tapering monument which ends in a pyramid-like shape at the top, said to resemble a "petrified ray" of the sundisk.
- Sep 16, 1999 [Obelisk] The word obelisk is taken directly from Greek, where it is a diminutive of the word obelos, meaning a spit or similar pointed object.
- NOVA Online | Secrets of Lost Empires | Pharaoh's Obelisk
- Explores the science behind these ancient structures.
- Obelisk - Ancient Egypt for Kids
- These monuments provided places to write their name down in a very public way. Some monuments were temples. Others were obelisks.
- OBELISKS OF ROME
- The obelisk was initially erected by the Pharaoh Rameses II in Heliopolis.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesselbstladekarabiner 455
nursing and spirituality
time lord technology
h l mencken style
wiccan name finder