Obsolete Scientific Theories
A selection of articles related to obsolete scientific theories.
Original articles from our library related to the Obsolete Scientific Theories. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Obsolete Scientific Theories.
- Hypnosis: A Selected Bibliography
- Index of bibliography sections Selected Periodicals (14 entries) Edited Overviews of General Theories of Hypnosis (5 entries) Specific Topics Related to Research into Hypnosis. General single-author overviews, non-special-state views, social andexperimental...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Question the Premises of Society and Science
- Question the ultimate validity of the basic premises of society, in particular, scientific theory. Do not accept concepts or statements as truthful simply due to weight of tradition or learned opinion. The synthesis of these statements is a healthy skepticism...
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- The Earthmind Material
- Part 1 | Part 2 Author's Note All references made in the first person(s) herein, are grammatical conveniences created for the sake of the reader. Such words as "I", "OUR", and "I/WE" are therefore not meant to be taken as literal...
Mind >> World Mind
- The Legend of Stonehenge
- Stonehenge has fascinated thousands of people throughout the ages, even today people are still wondering about the origins of the mysterious Stonehenge. Today's scientists and historians are still unable to come to a solid theory of when, why, by whom, and...
Earth Mysteries >> Mystic Places
- Hyperspace Reality
- Despite the fact that the 'new' physics, a godchild of the Einsteinian revolution has taught us that the Universe we perceive is a mere shadow of a vastly more unpredictable one, most of us still view the world in a distinctly materialistic way. A world where...
Modern Science >> New Physics
- Subliminal Persuasion: Overview
- Since the 1950's, there has been enormous public concern over hidden messages in art, music, and advertising. Subliminal self-help tapes are a multi-billion dollar industry. Yet many psychologists claim that subliminal influence consists at best of...
Parapsychology >> Subliminal Persuasion
Obsolete Scientific Theories is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Obsolete Scientific Theories books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- A different kind of story
- Arab scientists in the Middle Ages developed new theories on optics, and in the Islamic world, “Power's most elegant symbol was light,” Watson writes. ...
- Quantum Computer Leap Could Make Today's Encryption Passe
- Researchers at MIT and the University of Innsbruck last week announced that they had designed and constructed the world's first scalable quantum computer, a development that could make existing encryption technology obsolete.
- Derivatives market based on a 1973 Nobel Prize physics formula
- The first time the BSM equation (a version of the heat equation) started making sense to me I had just turned down a job offer from Enron, for Dynegy. I didn't want to work for Goliath.
- The Stress Test
- Maverick organist Cameron Carpenter pushes boundaries
- Carpenter also is of the opinion that most large pipe-organs are obsolete and a waste of money - which is why he designed his own International Touring Organ two years ago. The $1.3 million, five-manual digital instrument that he trucks from concert to ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Obsolete Scientific Theories Topics
philosophy of language history
biology scope of biology
phalanx formation demise