A selection of articles related to oceanography terms.
Original articles from our library related to the Oceanography Terms. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Oceanography Terms.
- Everyday Earth
- When you think of "Earth" what comes to mind? Perhaps you feel the stable element of solidity and grounding. Or maybe you see Earth as the third planet from the Sun. Or for you, is Earth the rich brown soil in your own backyard? Earth is all these...
The Elements >> Earth
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Am I Damned?: Part 2
- CAVEAT: It is impossible to answer a "theological" question simply and correctly at the same time. The reason for this is the fact that the theological arena involves reality not only beyond our capacity to adequately express, but even beyond that,...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- What is Hypnosis?
- Hypnosis refers to just about any situation where we respond to verbal suggestions in a particular special way. This involves a mentally very flexible condition where our imagination and fantasy are more free and more vivid. A series of instructions, called...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Persephone - An Intutitive View
- Persephone is a Goddess whose history has been mainly inferred from ancient mythological placement of her as Demeter’s daughter and Hades wife. She has rarely been addressed outside of the context of her connection to these two more infamous individuals....
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Hawke, Elen: British Author
- Elen Hawke is an author, artist and British witch from Oxford, England with many years experience both living and teaching the Craft. She is a Craft elder, a Wiccan initiate, and a professional astrologer and tarot reader, as well as being a working...
Real Interviews >> Authors
Oceanography Terms is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Oceanography Terms books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The life history of loggerhead sea turtles can be studied as a series
- Terminology. There is inconsistency in the use of oceanographic terms in the sea turtle literature.
- Intergovernmental Conference on Oceanographic Research
- "Terminology Bulletin No. 158" published. by the.
- THE OFFICIAl MAGAzINE OF THE OCEANOGRAPHY SOCIETY
- the ocean that do not easily translate into oceanographic terms. of instruments or charts.
- Course Outline for Essentials of Oceanography
- Modern Oceanography. 4. Water Safety, Navigational Aids and Semaphore.
- Australian Tides Manual
- Nov 3, 2010 glossary defines tidal terms in the context of US usage. It also defines a number of oceanographic terms, such as "Kuroshio. Current".
Suggested News Resources
- What's the Next Rogue Wave?
- In oceanography terms, any waves whose height is more than twice the significant wave height (SWH), is considered rogue.
Suggested Web Resources
- Glossaries on-line
- Glossary of Oceanography and the Related Geosciences with References (Texas A & M University).
- Glossary of Physical Oceanography and Related Disciplines
- Aug 17, 2001 Comprehensive and professional glossary edited by Steven K. Baum, Department of Oceanography, Texas A&M University.
- Oceanography Terms and Definitions at www.MedicalGlossary.org
- Oceanography Terms and Definitions (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed, p1689).
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Oceanography Terms Topics
alex rider characters
south park running gags