A selection of articles related to oceanography terms.
Original articles from our library related to the Oceanography Terms. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Oceanography Terms.
- Everyday Earth
- When you think of "Earth" what comes to mind? Perhaps you feel the stable element of solidity and grounding. Or maybe you see Earth as the third planet from the Sun. Or for you, is Earth the rich brown soil in your own backyard? Earth is all these...
The Elements >> Earth
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Am I Damned?: Part 2
- CAVEAT: It is impossible to answer a "theological" question simply and correctly at the same time. The reason for this is the fact that the theological arena involves reality not only beyond our capacity to adequately express, but even beyond that,...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- What is Hypnosis?
- Hypnosis refers to just about any situation where we respond to verbal suggestions in a particular special way. This involves a mentally very flexible condition where our imagination and fantasy are more free and more vivid. A series of instructions, called...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Persephone - An Intutitive View
- Persephone is a Goddess whose history has been mainly inferred from ancient mythological placement of her as Demeter’s daughter and Hades wife. She has rarely been addressed outside of the context of her connection to these two more infamous individuals....
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Principles of Wiccan Belief
- In the spring Witchmeet held April 1974 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, The Councel of American Witches adopted this statement entitled "The Principles of Wiccan Belief." The statement was created in hopes to bring awareness to the general public as well...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
Oceanography Terms is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Oceanography Terms books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Major source of methanol in the ocean identified
- Researchers at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) have solved this mystery through the discovery of a massive - and previously unaccounted for - source of methanol in the ocean: phytoplankton. ...
- Marine observatory on the way
- The idea, in its most general terms, is to put sensors in the ocean so we can make smart decisions about local management of resources and the local use of the ocean.” In layman's terms, they're attaching the ocean to the Internet.
- Behind The Glossy Posters, Turnbull's Ideas Boom Looks More Like A Bust
- Public health, pure mathematics, entomology, toxicology, oceanography and many other disciplines do not readily produce commercially viable products. But they are vital to Australia's future. Entomology – the study of insects – has long been a ...
- OP-ED: Just warming up
- Chemist Hans Suess and oceanographer Roger Revelle, in 1957, were able to measure carbon dioxide levels more precisely and found a distinct, measurable correlation, and warned that there could be far reaching consequences.