A selection of articles related to oceans.
Original articles from our library related to the Oceans. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Oceans.
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Manifesting World Enlightenment: Part 5
- All things in the universe have at their basis, one fundamental essence which governs their creation, destruction and on-going actions. That singular essence is consciousness, (also known by some as God, or the Unified Field). Everywhere in Nature does...
Mind >> World Mind
- Elemental Associations
- The earliest of Greek natural philosophers, Thales, in considering which was the most basic element in the cosmos, from which the cosmos was made, supposed that the cosmos was made of Water. Later, Heraclitus decided that the most basic element in the cosmos...
Magick >> The Elements
- I am Pagan
- I am Pagan. I am a part of the whole of Nature. The Rocks, the Animals, the Plants, the Elements, and Stars are my relatives. Other humans are my sisters and brothers, whatever their races, colors, genders, sexual orientations, ages, nationalities, religions,...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Everyday Earth
- When you think of "Earth" what comes to mind? Perhaps you feel the stable element of solidity and grounding. Or maybe you see Earth as the third planet from the Sun. Or for you, is Earth the rich brown soil in your own backyard? Earth is all these...
The Elements >> Earth
- A Treatise on Astral Projection, Part 4: More Rope Techniques
- ROPE is a very effective projection technique, but it still has to be learned to be effective. I would like to elaborate on a couple of points about the technique, inspired by the feedback I have received so far. There is NO visualization required - AT ALL -...
Parapsychology >> Astral Projection
- (Sumerian) The Sumerians believed that the oceans on the surface of the world were paralled by hidden, cthonic seas located in vast chambers deep within the earth. Abzu is the primordial Lord of these Inner Waters. His name is the root behind the modern word &...
Deities & Heros >> Mesopotamian
Oceans is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Oceans books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- ocean, a sprinkling of salt in tap water will make a good substitute.
- Plastic Debris in the World's Oceans
- oceans, everywhere from polar regions to the equator. Authors: .
Suggested News Resources
- Marine mammal conservation studied
- 29 (UPI) -- Preserving a key 4 percent of the world's oceans could protect vital habitat for most of Earth's marine mammals, US and Mexican researchers say.
- New support for idea Mars was once cold, wet
- "If there were oceans on Mars, they were cold glacial, similar to the polar seas on Earth. The coasts would be rimmed by glaciers, and portions of the ocean would be ice-covered.
- Arctic Ocean, Coastal and Meteorological Data Shared
- NOAA, Shell Exploration & Production, ConocoPhillips, and Statoil USA E&P Inc. have signed an agreement to improve collaboration on ocean, coastal and climate science for the Arctic.
- No soup for you: May urges shark fin ban
- "The shark populations of this planet's oceans are declining so rapidly that it constitutes an emergency," said May. She urged attendees to sign a petition that she plans to present to the House of Commons.
Suggested Web Resources
- Oceans | Disneynature
- Disneynature brings OCEANS to theaters on Earth Day, 2010. OCEANS offers an unprecedented look beneath the sea.
- Ocean - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- An ocean (from Greek Ὠκεανὸς, "okeanos" Oceanus) is a major body of saline water, and a principal component of the hydrosphere.
- Earth's Oceans - EnchantedLearning.com
- Oceans cover about 70% of the Earth's surface and contain roughly 97% of the Earth's water supply.
- Oceans (2009) - IMDb
- Directed by Jacques Perrin, Jacques Cluzaud. With Pierce Brosnan, Jacques Perrin, Matthias Brandt, Pedro Armendáriz Jr..
- Oceans of the World - 5 Oceans, World Oceans - Worldatlas.com
- An overview map of the oceans of the world. Locations of the 5 Oceans on Earth. Useful and interesting facts about the five oceans.