- Petition launched to name new element 'Octarine' in honour of Terry Pratchett
- Now, Dr Kat Day, a chemist, blogger and self-proclaimed “huge” Pratchett fan wants 117 to be named octarine [Oc] as a tribute to Pratchett, who passed away aged 66 from Alzheimer's disease. And she is not alone. Over 30,000 people have signed her ...
- Terry Pratchett's Discworld colour Octarine could join the periodic table
- Almost 13,000 people have signed a petition to name one of four recently discovered elements “Octarine”, as a tribute to Sir Terry Pratchett. Pratchett, who died in March 2015, created the word in his best-selling Discworld novels.
- Petition to name a new element in Terry Pratchett's honour
- According to Disc mythology, octarine is visible only to wizards and cats, and is generally described as a sort of greenish-yellow purple colour, which seems perfect for what will probably be the final halogen in the periodic table.
- Discworld fans stake claim to element 117
- In defence of their suggestion, Lemmium backers state "an astrological object (a star) has been named Lemmy to meet the IUPAC naming recommendations". The Octarine lobby seems to have a stronger case, and is playing the "mythological concept" card.
- Petition to name new element after Sir Terry Pratchett close to reaching 50000
- “Octarine, in the Discworld books, is known as the colour of magic, which forms the title of Pratchett's first ever Discworld book.
Octarine is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Octarine books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesrock lee personality and ability
gigatons of tnt
the house of the rising sun trivia
ben 10 gwen tennyson
anne of green gables plot summary