A selection of articles related to octatonic scale.
Original articles from our library related to the Octatonic Scale. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Octatonic Scale.
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Planes of Existence
- As shown in this diagram, planes of existence should not, as they commonly are, be thought of as discreet states but rather as a continuous scale. As we distinguish between body, mind and soul, we must equally distinguish between physical, mental, and...
Parapsychology >> Astral Projection
- Planet: Saturn Sign: Capricorn Day: Saturday Saturn is the planet with the beautiful rings; this points at the organized and strict character of this planet-spirit. Saturn is the last (personal) planet that can be seen with the bare eye; for more distant...
Earth Mysteries >> Stones, Minerals & Metals
- Sun Fire Laughing
- At the center of every creation Fire dances, laughing, conjuring, holding the chill of the void at bay. Like both the charmer and the snake, he warms the Earth to jump from its slumber, calling all life to stand and reach for him in the heavens, calling all...
The Elements >> Fire
- The World Mind and Consciousness (GM4)
- Few would argue the fact that today's world is literally permeated with conflict at every level of society. Yet the governments and institutions of the world are, for the most part, unable to alleviate the pain and fear that is increasing among us. Most...
Mind >> World Mind
Octatonic Scale is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Octatonic Scale books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Synchromy Concert in Pasadena
- In the program notes William Kraft writes that “…the settings are an odd mix of a 12 tone row; double-mode hexachords formed into another row, an octatonic scale and the overtone mode (raised 4th and lowered 7th).
- Review: Music From Yellow Barn: Music on the Brink of War | Soundings: New
- For example, the first piece, Nacht (Night) is based on a collection of pitches that make up the octatonic scale (in which the steps alternate whole step and half step, which puts eight notes in the scale instead of seven).
- LSO, Eötvös, Barbican
- Flutes and piccolos fluttered and swooped through the close of the introduction with more open intonation than usual – not out of tune so much as in tune with the octatonic scale from which Stravinsky drew the Rite's musical materials.
- 'Toxic' Is 10: The Music Science That Explains Why One Of Of The 00s' Biggest
- It doesn't. For a moment, the melody passes into the C diminished octatonic scale, a highly unusual eight-note scale that evokes eastern exoticism. You could call it "dangerous," like the song's lyrical subject.
- Review: Grammy Winning Percussion | Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra | Bass
- She mines early Stravinsky orchestrations, modernist dissonance from composers such as George Crumb, octatonic and other nontraditional scales from the likes of Bartók. To this mix, she adds walls of tone-clustered sounds to pointalistic disbursements.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Octatonic Scale Topics
Related searchesbritish music history
b-47 stratojet crashes
pawnbroker pawn shops in hong kong
social psychology subfields
bionics other uses
faroese language skerping
julia stiles personal life