- Refusing to check out of the Hotel Okura
- The team, following guidelines laid down by hotel President Kishichiro Okura, son of prominent entrepreneur Kihachiro Okura, sidestepped the minimal geometry and form-via-function aesthetics of Western modernist design to create a contemporary space ...
- In a Renewed Hotel Okura, Japanese Historians Still See a Loss
- Hotel Okura Co. Ltd.
- Arbitration claim over Korean pagoda ends in failure
- At the first arbitration meeting in July, the North Korean association claimed the stone pagoda was brought to Japan by Kihachiro Okura, a Japanese businessman, after Japan's annexation of Korea in 1910. The association claimed that it is unjustifiable ...
- Japan bids farewell to modernist design icon as Hotel Okura begins pre-Olympic
- The Okura's business has seen ups and downs over the 125 years since its founding in 1873 by Baron Kihachiro Okura, a weapons trader turned industrialist. Like many others, the Okura business empire was broken up by the American Occupation after ...
- Plans for Tokyo hotel unnerve preservationists
- It was erected across the street from the American Embassy. Architect Yoshiro Taniguchi led a design team appointed by Mr Kishichiro Okura, the founder. Unlike many postwar Tokyo buildings, the Okura was built to evoke Japanese-ness.
Okura Kishichiro is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Okura Kishichiro books and related discussion.