Old Attic Comedy
A selection of articles related to old attic comedy.
Original articles from our library related to the Old Attic Comedy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Old Attic Comedy.
- Pagan Musings
- We're of the old religion, sired of Time, and born of our beloved Earth Mother. For too long the people have trodden a stony path that goes only onward beneath a sky that goes only upwards. The Horned God plays in a lonely glade for the people are scattered...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- A Ghostly House in Kansas
- Inteview with SUZANNE and JEFFERY DIEHL and their children JOURDANNE DIEHL, age 4, and PAUL ROATH age 13. June, 1999. Interview by SuzAnne's aunt Linda Kangas and Gene Kangas, Concord OHIO. The subject concerns spiritual occurrences at an early 20th century...
Ghosts >> Ghost Stories
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses in the wilderness of Sinai, in the tabernacle of the congregation, on the first day of the second month, in the second year after they were come out of the land of Egypt, saying, 1:2 Take ye the sum of all the...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, 4:2 Take the sum of the sons of Kohath from among the sons of Levi, after their families, by the house of their fathers, 4:3 From thirty years old and upward even until fifty years old, all...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
Old Attic Comedy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Old Attic Comedy books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Level 3 Classical Studies: OLD ATTIC - Aristophanes' Comedies
- Attic Old Comedy was a vehicle for political comment. • “Just a little fable with a moral”. • Aristophanic characters were used to convey bigger messages.
- ON THE FORM OF THE BOOK OF JOB
- the Alaz6n, or, if more than one, the Alazonei>, of the Old Attic. Comedy of Aristophanes!
- Volume 0009 Number 082
- B. L. GILDERSLEEVE, Professor of Greek,.
- Lysistrata: the Ritual Logic of the Sex-strike
- compares with the ritual logic encoded in Aristophanes' famous drama of a Panhellenic sex-strike against war, Lysistrata.
Suggested News Resources
- Race honours
- The reaction to yesterday's poll question, on the carbon tax, was more like the old Attic comedy of Aristophanes than the rousing rhetoric of Pericles. "Stop stealing my $" one respondent said. "i support tuff luv" added another.
Suggested Web Resources
- Ancient Greek comedy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Athenian comedy is conventionally divided into three periods, Old Comedy, Middle Old Comedy survives today largely in the form of the eleven surviving plays of ..
- Origin of Attic Comedy
- The 'epirrhematic' structures of Old Comedy—parodos, agon, parabasis—do seem, however, to be older than extant comedy. xxiv.
- a sociology of old Attic comedy. - WorldCat
- Showing all editions for 'The people of Aristophanes; a sociology of old Attic comedy.
- INTRODUCTION TO OLD COMEDY
- The plots of Old Comedy have certain characteristics in common.
Old Attic Comedy Topics
Related searchesthe four noble truths
chef tony products
operon operon gene regulation
list of breweries china