A selection of articles related to old sayings.
Original articles from our library related to the Old Sayings. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Old Sayings.
- Pagan Musings
- We're of the old religion, sired of Time, and born of our beloved Earth Mother. For too long the people have trodden a stony path that goes only onward beneath a sky that goes only upwards. The Horned God plays in a lonely glade for the people are scattered...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- A Ghostly House in Kansas
- Inteview with SUZANNE and JEFFERY DIEHL and their children JOURDANNE DIEHL, age 4, and PAUL ROATH age 13. June, 1999. Interview by SuzAnne's aunt Linda Kangas and Gene Kangas, Concord OHIO. The subject concerns spiritual occurrences at an early 20th century...
Ghosts >> Ghost Stories
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses in the wilderness of Sinai, in the tabernacle of the congregation, on the first day of the second month, in the second year after they were come out of the land of Egypt, saying, 1:2 Take ye the sum of all the...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, 4:2 Take the sum of the sons of Kohath from among the sons of Levi, after their families, by the house of their fathers, 4:3 From thirty years old and upward even until fifty years old, all...
Old Testament >> Numbers
Old Sayings is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Old Sayings books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Read It
- (Quotations, Mottos, Proverbs and Old Sayings). Prejudice. • Things are not always as they appear.
- David Patton, Palmer Historian
- Old Sayings & Expressions in Grundy County. Great Granddaughter of Old sayings and figures of speech in Grundy County, Tennessee.
- AP03-01 Aos - Using Cost-Benefit Analysis in Washington State
- Old Sayings. Cost Benefit Translation. ✓ Old sayings are poetic, cost-benefit translations are boring.
- Intervention by Ms. Juliane Henningsen, MP, Denmark/Greenland
- We have many old sayings on what people can do to change the weather. I don't think that many of us today believe in all of the old sayings.
Suggested News Resources
- Old sayings have less than a grain of truth
- By GENE NEWMAN You shouldn't put a lot of stock in old sayings. They were handed out as bits of wisdom, but a lot of them are contradictory, confusing or just plain stupid. You should take each one with a grain of salt, whatever that means.
- Novel collects Atlantic Canadian wives' tales
- The book contains a collection of Atlantic Canada's old sayings that have been passed from one generation to the next. Some have survived more than a century, being brought from the homeland by our ancestors to the New World.
- White Sox Have to Survive the Last 42 Games to Make the Post-Season
- Baseball is full of old sayings, superstitions, unwritten rules and common beliefs. They give the game its uniqueness and enhance its multigenerational appeal. Who doesn't love, "hit it where they ain't" and "let's play two?
- Wednesday, Aug. 17
- Sweetwood, lecture series features "Honest Henry" Kranz, author of "Mountain Man Insights: Wise Old Sayings Never Heard Before," who will talk about his writings that provide a unique and entertaining philosophy on life, 4:30 pm Route 7, Williamstown.
Suggested Web Resources
- Quotes & Phrases: Old Sayings
- Oct 30, 2006 Old Sayings. A whistling girl and a crowing hen always come to some bad end.
- Here at WiseOldSayings you will find a list of wise old sayings from all over the world that we have compiled in our Wise Old Sayings directory.
- Ye Olde English Sayings
- ENGLISH SAYINGS & CUSTOMS that we have grown up with and taken for granted were . Old coins had to treated very carefully so as not to harm them.
- The Origin of Some Old Sayings
- Like many old sayings in the English language this one come from the Bible. In Genesis Cain murdered his brother Abel.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Old Sayings Topics
Related searcheslecherous limericks
das kapital online editions
jellyfish body systems