A selection of articles related to old sayings.
Original articles from our library related to the Old Sayings. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Old Sayings.
- Pagan Musings
- We're of the old religion, sired of Time, and born of our beloved Earth Mother. For too long the people have trodden a stony path that goes only onward beneath a sky that goes only upwards. The Horned God plays in a lonely glade for the people are scattered...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- A Ghostly House in Kansas
- Inteview with SUZANNE and JEFFERY DIEHL and their children JOURDANNE DIEHL, age 4, and PAUL ROATH age 13. June, 1999. Interview by SuzAnne's aunt Linda Kangas and Gene Kangas, Concord OHIO. The subject concerns spiritual occurrences at an early 20th century...
Ghosts >> Ghost Stories
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses in the wilderness of Sinai, in the tabernacle of the congregation, on the first day of the second month, in the second year after they were come out of the land of Egypt, saying, 1:2 Take ye the sum of all the...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, 4:2 Take the sum of the sons of Kohath from among the sons of Levi, after their families, by the house of their fathers, 4:3 From thirty years old and upward even until fifty years old, all...
Old Testament >> Numbers
Old Sayings is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Old Sayings books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Outlander's Gaelic expert Àdhamh Ó Broin teaches you 12 sayings in the Celtic
- Outlander's Gaelic expert Àdhamh Ó Broin teaches you 12 sayings in the Celtic language. 00:01, 27 Feb 2016; By Scotland Now. EXPERT Gaelic speaker and consultant to the hit Starz time travel series, Àdhamh Ó Broin, shares some of his favourite and best ...
- Dr. Seuss Quotes 2016: 20 Inspirational Sayings On His 112th Birthday
- “You're never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child.” 14. “The more that you read, the more things you will know.
- 20 Irish Proverbs For St. Patrick's Day, Because A Good Piece Of Advice Is
- The Irish are rarely shy when it comes to speaking their minds, and as these 20 Irish proverbs for St. Patrick's Day demonstrate, they're also pretty wise when it comes to what they're saying. While you might be spending St.
- Event aims to dispel myths about women in Islam
- El-Walid said that Islam, a roughly 1,400-year-old religion founded by the Prophet Muhammad, does not cast women as inferior to men in its creation story.
- Concerning 'evangelicals,' dogs, pick-up trucks, Southern 'stuff' and, yes
- We have an old saying in my part of the South: “Just because my dog sleeps in the garage, that doesn't make him a pick-up truck.” Just because a blogger calls himself (or herself) an evangelical doesn't make it so.