Old Summer Palace
A selection of articles related to old summer palace.
Original articles from our library related to the Old Summer Palace. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Old Summer Palace.
- Pagan Musings
- We're of the old religion, sired of Time, and born of our beloved Earth Mother. For too long the people have trodden a stony path that goes only onward beneath a sky that goes only upwards. The Horned God plays in a lonely glade for the people are scattered...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- A Ghostly House in Kansas
- Inteview with SUZANNE and JEFFERY DIEHL and their children JOURDANNE DIEHL, age 4, and PAUL ROATH age 13. June, 1999. Interview by SuzAnne's aunt Linda Kangas and Gene Kangas, Concord OHIO. The subject concerns spiritual occurrences at an early 20th century...
Ghosts >> Ghost Stories
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses in the wilderness of Sinai, in the tabernacle of the congregation, on the first day of the second month, in the second year after they were come out of the land of Egypt, saying, 1:2 Take ye the sum of all the...
Old Testament >> Numbers
Old Summer Palace is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Old Summer Palace books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- On sealing a lakebed: mass media and environmental
- called lakebed-sealing project in the Old Summer Palace,. Beijing (see Fig. 1 for a 1 – Map of Old Summer Palace and its location in Beijing.
- Ai Weiwei's Zodiac Heads/Circle of Animals at the Sao Paulo Biennale
- zodiac, that once adorned the fountain of the Yuanming Yuan (Old Summer Palace) in Beijing.
- Objects Lesson. Treasures from an
- as the Old Summer Palace, he ordered the construction of a number of European - style stone buildings with Baroque touches.
- My lecture series and visit to Tsinghua University, Beijing, China 1
- The campuses are located near the Old Summer Palace and the Summer.
Suggested News Resources
- Chinese government fosters 'victimisation syndrome'
- Chinese tourists pose at the Old Summer Palace in Beijing, a "patriotic education" site where Chinese learn about the damage inflicted by foreign powers.
- Chinese architects digitally recreate imperial garden looted by Anglo-French
- Experts from the Beijing Tsinghua Urban Planning and Design Institute said they have created three-dimensional images of 29 scenic spots in Yuanmingyuan, or the Old Summer Palace, located in the northwest suburbs of Beijing.
- Ai Weiwei's Zodiac Heads Come to LA
- Saturday, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art will display his latest work, "Circle of Animals/Zodiac Heads," a group of 10-foot-tall bronze animal heads similar to a series of sculptures that once encircled a fountain in Beijing's Old Summer Palace.
- Explore Tibet: The ruins of Guge Kingdom
- Located in Zanda County of the Tibet Autonomous Region, the Ruins of Guge Kingdom are like the Old Summer Palace of Tibet.
Suggested Web Resources
- The Old Summer Palace - 360-degree virtual tour - (yuan ming yuan
- The name in Chinese, Yiheyuan, means garden of restful peace. It served as a suburban pleasance for emperors, a place in the countryside yet near the capital.
- Old Summer Palace Beijing, Ruins of Yuanmingyuan, Garden of
- Beijing Old Summer Palace information about Yuanmingyuan Ruins location, destruction, entrance fee, opening hours and bus routes to Old Summer Palace.
Old Summer Palace Topics
Related searchesornament music turn
etymology of kamboja
bereishit parsha the nephilim
history of british newspapers origins
soap opera soap opera characteristics
auto rickshaw auto rickshaws in india