- Can Antibody-Based PET Scans Pinpoint Aβ Oligomers in the Brain?
- Amyloid PET allows clinicians to detect plaque buildup in the brain in living people, but the use of this type of imaging for diagnosis is limited because plaques correlate poorly with disease progression and cognitive status.
- New type of hydrogen bond discovered
- Cremer tells Chemistry World that the iridium complexes seem to form oligomers, so the next step in their work will be to look for the possibility of making compartments.
- Anavex 2-73: While We Wait
- The first pathway leads to the release of intracellular calcium which in turn contributes to the formation of amyloid oligomers, tau tangles (hyperphosphorylated tau), and to high levels of acetylcholinesterase activity early in the disease.
- Longer-lived imaging agents could hasten Alzheimer's research
- Recent work suggests small aggregates of amyloid-beta peptide, called soluble oligomers, rather than the insoluble plaques may be the neurotoxic form of amyloid beta. This might explain why the disease process seems to start 10-15 years before the ...
- Molecular surgery stitches up water dimer in fullerene cage
- Following these processes, water in the gas phase exists as a mixture of oligomers: monomers and dimers are rare.
Oligomers is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Oligomers books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.