A selection of articles related to oliver cromwell.
Original articles from our library related to the Oliver Cromwell. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Oliver Cromwell.
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Oliver Cromwell is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Oliver Cromwell books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- 1 Cromwell and the 'readmission' of - The Oliver Cromwell website
- Without apparent irony, the loyal toast prefaced speeches in praise of Oliver.
- Risen from obscurity – a study day on - The Oliver Cromwell website
- Risen from obscurity – a study day on Cromwell's early life.
- Oliver Cromwell: The Capture of Drogheda (1649)
- Cromwell 1. Oliver Cromwell: The Capture of Drogheda (1649).
- Oliver Cromwell and the Puritan Revolution
- Then Olly brought the Prots a rest (Oliver Cromwell: 1649-58).
- Oliver Cromwell.pub
- He has also contributed to The Individual, The Freethinker, and Right Now! The statue of Oliver Cromwell outside of the Houses of Parliament, London.
Suggested News Resources
- Thieves make off with Cromwell
- By MARIA HERLIHY THIEVES using cutting equipment managed to remove a statue of Oliver Cromwell and William of Orange as well as two eagles from the entrance of Milltown Castle in Charleville.
- Nigeria: No Absolution for Obasanjo
- Oliver Cromwell The above-quoted line represents the thinking of many Nigerians anytime they have cause to reflect on former President Olusegun Obasanjo and his current shenanigans. There is no absolution for him.
- Buried treasures
- Oliver Cromwell was given an elaborate funeral there in 1658 but was then disinterred in 1661 and his remains hung from a nearby gibbet. That showed him.
- India, governed only in cities and towns
- But Hazare speaks a language of virtue that reminds one of Oliver Cromwell. “Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess?
Suggested Web Resources
- The Oliver Cromwell website
- Information about Oliver Cromwell 1599-1658 and his life, legacy and significance: the site is run jointly by the Cromwell Association and the Cromwell Museum.
- Oliver Cromwell
- Oliver Cromwell was born in Huntingdon in 1599. Educated at Huntingdon Grammar School and Sydney Sussex College, Cambridge, he studied law in London.
- Oliver Cromwell - Britannia
- Oliver Cromwell, born in Huntingdon in 1599, was a strict Puritan with a Cambridge education when he went to London to represent his family in Parliament.
- BBC - History - Oliver Cromwell
- Was Oliver Cromwell a hero or villain? Read facts about the part he played in the English Civil War.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
nullarbor plain history
coptic catholic church