A selection of articles related to olmec mathematics.
Original articles from our library related to the Olmec Mathematics. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Olmec Mathematics.
- Egyptian Temples, part VI: The House of Life
- Library - Archive 'The House of Life' could well be called a library. It was that part of the temple where all records and texts were kept and stored. These papyrii encompassed many different fields of learning as well as the accountings on the daily and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- The word "Hypnosis" is derived form the Greek word "hypnos" meaning sleep, Although hypnosis is not sleep in fact quite the opposite. Hypnosis is a way of accessing the subconscious mind in a controlled and conscious way. There are many...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Hyperspace Reality
- Despite the fact that the 'new' physics, a godchild of the Einsteinian revolution has taught us that the Universe we perceive is a mere shadow of a vastly more unpredictable one, most of us still view the world in a distinctly materialistic way. A world where...
Modern Science >> New Physics
- Thoth, (Djehuty), the god who is said to have invented writing, the measuring of time, music, magic, art, medicine, mathematics and astronomy. In early times shown as an ibis, the sign of the 15th Lower Egyptian nome, so he might have originated there. His...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Hey! Isn't That Christmas Star a Pentacle?
- Isn't that Star of Bethlehem a Pentagram? Well, of course it is. Just as the Saxon Eostra (or whatever spelling catches your fancy) lent her rabbit and name in English to Pasch. Also, the day of Christ's Mass is actually the festival of the birthday of Mithra;...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Olmec Mathematics is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Olmec Mathematics books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Curriculum Standards
- Mathematics Standards. Measurement and Geometry: 1.2 Olmec-Maya-Aztec.
- Hispanic-American Math Essay
- Luis Ortiz-Franco. Mathematics archaeological data, it appears that the Olmec is the oldest civilization of Mesoamerica.
- Aztec Number System
- In the Olmec civilization, which preceded the Aztecs, the shell represented 0. National Council of Teachers of Mathematics: Reston, VA, 2002, pp. 238-241.
- The Gupta and the Olmec Civilizations
- trade, religion, architecture, art, and mathematics. This essay will compare and contrast the fascinating Gupta and Olmec civilizations.
Suggested Web Resources
- Olmec Civilization
- Oct 27, 2010 CALENDARS - MATHEMATICS. The Olmecs were clever mathematicians and astronomers who made accurate calendars.
- 0 (number) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- It fulfills a central role in mathematics as the additive identity of the integers, real . date are thought to be one of the few surviving examples of Epi-Olmec script.
- Olmec Mathematics | RM.com ®
- Olmec Mathematics articles, reference materials. Need more on Olmec Mathematics? We suggest these original texts: The Story of Olmec Mathematics roots.
- Olmec Civilization - Crystalinks
- Extended description of the Olmec, their art and monuments, their history, religion , and culture.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Olmec Mathematics Topics
social research paradigms
prayers to ganesha