- It was this elite class that provided the social basis for the production of the symbolic and sophisticated luxury artifacts that define Olmec culture.
- Epi-Olmec Hieroglyphic Writing
- The most well-known epi-Olmec object.
- The Mother Culture of Mexico: The Olmecs
- The Olmecs began around the year of 1300 B.C. and began to die out around 200 B.
- Africanized Maya, Olmecs and Classical Maya
- possibility is evident in the rejection of the African origin of the Olmecs hypothesis .
- "Spectacular" Three-Cat Monolith Unearthed in Mexico
- Carved in a vaguely Olmec style into a stone monolith, the seated jaguars—or possibly mountain lions—may have been part of a decorative hillside wall that was crawling with big-cat carvings, experts suggest.
- Olmec-UK To Show VP2-CR Code Reader At PPMA Show
- Vision systems integrator, Olmec-UK will be showing its versatile new VP2-CR code reading system for standard and hi-speed character recognition and verification on labels at the PPMA Show.
- 'Legends of the Hidden Temple': No, the Silver Snakes were the best!
- Okay, so maybe the stakes weren't quite as high in good ol' Olmec's Temple, and the winners walked away with family vacations and super cool skateboards instead of, well, their lives.
- Giant three-cat monolith discovered in Mexico
- Archaeologists have discovered a 2800-year-old stone Olmec monolith showing three seated cats and weighing a tonne and a half in Mexico's Morelos state. The monolith - about 1.
- Olmec - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Monument 1, one of the four colossal Olmec heads at La Venta. This one is nearly 3 metres (9.8 ft) tall.
- Olmec Civilization - Crystalinks
- Extended description of the Olmec, their art and monuments, their history, religion , and culture.
- The Olmec civilization was one of the first civilizations in the Americas.
- The ancient Olmec Civilization
- The ancient Olmec civilization was a complex society that predated both the Mayans and the Aztecs.
Olmec is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Olmec books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesshiprock new mexico demographics
centrifuge different types and uses