A selection of articles related to onuris.
Original articles from our library related to the Onuris. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Onuris.
- 'He who brings the distant (goddess). Ancient god of hunting, origin: This is Upper Egypt. Depicted in bearded, human form and with four feathers on his head, carrying a spear aloft from one or both hands. He resides in the desert at the edge of the world...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
Onuris is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Onuris books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- 3155 Tomb D303 at Abydos
- This tomb owner, a fellow by the name of Sa-Onuris, had a taste for the exotic.
- G:\lists_periodicals\periodical lists J\Journal of the Walters Art
- King before Onuris-Shu and Mehyt, in Baltimore MD, Walters Art Museum, 22.5. Steindorff in The Journal of the Walters Art Gallery vii-viii (1944-5), 48-57, no.
- THE ORIENTAL INSTITUTE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO
- the Way," the god Thoth in ibis form, and a figure of Onuris, the nome god of Abydos, with long garment, feather crown, and lance.
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
- Ancient Egypt: the Mythology - Onuris
- Onuris was a warrior sky-god whose primary cult center was near Abydos. Onuris was often identified with the sky god Shu and was called the "son of Re.
- Osiris, Anhur, Onuris, Wesir
- 'He Who Brings the Distant One'. Ancient god of war and hunting whose origin is This in Upper Egypt, near Abydos.
- The Egyptian War God Onuris
- The Egyptian War God Onuris by Jefferson Monet. The typical iconography of Onuris.
- Onuris - LookLex Encyclopaedia
- God of Ancient Egyptian religion. ILLUSTRATION. Article in the LookLex / Encyclopaedia.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.