Open Source Movement
A selection of articles related to open source movement.
Original articles from our library related to the Open Source Movement. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Open Source Movement.
- An Open Letter To The Pagan Community
- The following is an "Open Letter" to the Pagan Community from one of the nations "top" Buddhists (in a non-hierarchical way) and appeared in the Winter '93-'94 Green Egg. Since it's an "Open Letter" I doubt I'm stomping on anyone'...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Working With Chakras
- The Major Chakras The major chakras are situated at: MASTER: Base chakra (base of spine, between anus and genitals) Spleen chakra (slightly below the belly button) Solar Plexus chakra (1 hand-span above the belly button) MASTER: Heart chakra (center of the...
Body Mysteries >> Chakras
- Staying in the Energy of Love ~ Conscious Relationships
- At the beginning of a relationship, it is easy to love. You don't have to do much to receive love. Both of you give and receive, like in a wonderful dance. We believe that love should remain like that forever. In reality, love is a continuous state of being....
Body Mysteries >> Relationships
- Starting with Jesus and the Christian Path...
- During the years of the historical Jesus' life, there are eight or nine years that his whereabouts are not accounted for. Meaning these are the 'lost' years. It was after returning that he truly began to teach his wisdom. Many scholars believe he was in India...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- The Rainmaker's Apprentice
- Once a Rainmaker and her new apprentice were traveling through the forest. When they stopped at a stream to fill their canteens, the apprentice asked the Rainmaker if she could call the rain. "Well," said the Rainmaker, as she looked about them at...
Poetry & Fable >> Fables
- The Candle Contest
- Once upon a time, four young witches visited an elder at her small house where they talked long into the night about many wondrous things. Finally it came time to sleep and the elder said, "I'm sorry friends... but there is only one spare bed, so the...
Poetry & Fable >> Fables
Open Source Movement is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Open Source Movement books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Open Source Movement and Academia
- Overview of Open Source Movement. ● Mindset match to academic culture. ● FOSS and learning resources.
- Intellectual Property, Computer Software and the Open Source
- software. This report commences with an introduction to the open source movement will assist in an understanding of the open source movement.
- Reusing Open-Source Software and Practices: The Impact of Open
- vendors when applying the lessons from the open-source movement.
Suggested News Resources
- Untapped: Why the developing world must treat IT as a national resource
- 28, 2011, 12:00pm PT 5 Comments The open source movement has the potential to empower developing countries to use IT as an important national resource — to communicate to its citizenry, expand its educational platform and address national disasters.
- Open source movement sheds hippy image in battle for corporate mindshare
- by Rosalie Marshall Every man and his dog seems to be partaking in Twitter activity these days but there is one group abstaining from sharing their views on what is now one of the world's most popular websites, and that is the open source community.
- Couchbase and the drive for Big Data
- By Alan Shimel, Network World, 08/15/2011 Alan sits down with Bob Wiederhold, CEO of Couchbase, to discuss the company's new funding, its commitment to the open source movement and the general state of the NoSQL and Big Data market.
- Mozilla WebAPI: Champion of open source freedom
- But I still appreciate Mozilla's more holistic approach to software freedom than that of the old-guard open source movement. And I like that Mozilla isn't shying away from a massive challenge: mobile app/web development.
- Too Afraid to Compete, Are Good Mobile Companies Abandoning Great Ideas Too Early?
- Earlier this year in February, Nokia had decided to shun long-time support of its Symbian platform and abandoned its hopeful ambitions behind the new and emerging MeeGo open-source movement with Intel.
Suggested Web Resources
- Mission | Open Source Initiative
- Dedicated to managing and promoting the Open Source trademark for the good of the community.
- Overview of the Open-Source Movement
- Feb 5, 2001 What is the Open Source movement?
- How the Open Source Movement Has Changed Education: 10
- How the Open Source Movement Has Changed Education: 10 Success Stories.