- the larva of echinoderms of the class Ophiuroidea. An ophiopluteus has four pairs of long processes, or arms, enclosing calcareous rods.
- ECHINODERMATA : LARVAE
- Skeletal structure can be used to distinguish ophioplutei and echinoplutei from other planktonic larvae and to separate the species from each other.
- Vestigial Ophiopluteal Structures in the Lecithotrophic Larvae of
- acteristic of an ophiopluteus. Due to a heterochrony in larval skeletogenesis, the postoral rods develop early and simul- taneously with the other rods.
- CUSTOM MICROSCOPE SLIDE SET
- Ophiura, ophiopluteus larva w.m. *.
- Gallery of Larvae
- Ophiopluteus larva and adult (right) of the Pacific northwest brittle star Ophiopholis aculeata.
- Ophiopluteus larva of a Brittle Star - Science Photo Library
- Caption: The ophiopluteus larva of a Brittle Star.
Ophiopluteus Larva is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ophiopluteus Larva books and related discussion.