Opium Medicinal Uses
A selection of articles related to opium medicinal uses.
Original articles from our library related to the Opium Medicinal Uses. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Opium Medicinal Uses.
- Basics of Magick: The Use of Color in Magick
- White | Silver | Grey | Pink | Red | Purple | Brown | Blue | Green | Yellow | Gold | Black In magick, colors represent certain energies, goals, people and non-physical beings, such as deities or spiritual forces. For this reason, you should include candles,...
Symbology >> Colorology
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Valerian Root, All About
- True Wild Valerian Root, Valeriana officinalis The name "Valerian" is derived from the Latin valere , which means "to be strong" and refers to both the health benefits of the plant as well as its distinct odor. The plant was known as "...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary V
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Safety With Herbs in Healing and Magick
- I want to talk to you about Safety. There are a lot of common misconceptions out there regarding herbal healing, and I hope with this article to be able to clear some of those up. Safety with any treatment is essential for overall health and well-being,...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Lavender: Solace and Majestic
- Lavender, the Herb of Air, My friend when I am in despair. I ask Earth's blessing to bestow, As I tend and watch you grow. Strong roots and dainty stems, Bring joy to life when pleasure dims. Wee green bud with purple top, All your uses never stop. From...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
Opium Medicinal Uses is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Opium Medicinal Uses books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Updated: Marijuana activist charged with giving drug to child
- One indictment listed the drug as opium poppy, a schedule II narcotic, indicating it has a high potential for abuse. The other listed dihydrocodeinone, a schedule III narcotic similar to hydrocodone, meaning it has a lesser ...
- Nash investigators seize 17350 bindles of heroin
- The Tar River Regional Task Force seized 347 bricks of heroin or 17,350 bindles with a street value of $173,500, according to Lt. Curtis Moore of the Nash County Sheriff's Office. Investigators ...
- Frank Bures: Non-medical prescription opioids and heroin use
- It was cultivated as long ago as 3,400 B.C. by the Sumerians, who collected the sap for recreational use back then.
- Opium Soaked Tampons Were the Midol of Ancient Rome
- Medicinal use of opium was widespread in the United States by the latter half of the 19th century. (Photo: Public Domain/Wikipedia Commons). On display at the New Orleans Pharmacy Museum is an item that you won't find in the women's aisle of your local ...