Opium Medicinal Uses
A selection of articles related to opium medicinal uses.
Original articles from our library related to the Opium Medicinal Uses. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Opium Medicinal Uses.
- Basics of Magick: The Use of Color in Magick
- White | Silver | Grey | Pink | Red | Purple | Brown | Blue | Green | Yellow | Gold | Black In magick, colors represent certain energies, goals, people and non-physical beings, such as deities or spiritual forces. For this reason, you should include candles,...
Symbology >> Colorology
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Valerian Root, All About
- True Wild Valerian Root, Valeriana officinalis The name "Valerian" is derived from the Latin valere , which means "to be strong" and refers to both the health benefits of the plant as well as its distinct odor. The plant was known as "...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary V
- Safety With Herbs in Healing and Magick
- I want to talk to you about Safety. There are a lot of common misconceptions out there regarding herbal healing, and I hope with this article to be able to clear some of those up. Safety with any treatment is essential for overall health and well-being,...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Basil - The Herb of Kings
- Basil, from soil to seed To strong stems and beautiful leaves. I ask for blessings to have bestowed As I nurture and watch you grow. From mornings dew and sun of afternoon To rays of the stars and midnights moon Mother Earth watch over thee As I my will, So...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary B
- Lavender: Solace and Majestic
- Lavender, the Herb of Air, My friend when I am in despair. I ask Earth's blessing to bestow, As I tend and watch you grow. Strong roots and dainty stems, Bring joy to life when pleasure dims. Wee green bud with purple top, All your uses never stop. From...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
Opium Medicinal Uses is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Opium Medicinal Uses books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Opium and Afghanistan: Reassessing U.S. Counternarcotics Strategy
- Opium is grown legally is some countries for medical purposes, but huge worldwide from opium for medical purposes.
- The Religious and Medicinal Uses of Cannabis in China, India and
- omission as strange as its silence on opium which must have been equally .
- Classical Antiquity GENERAL DRUG USE In classical Greece and
- The medicinal use of opium poppy seeds is widespread. By 1100, the more potent capsule is in use, but pure opium is not extracted from the capsule.
- INDIA AND THE OPIUM TRADE
- purpose. Those who Wanted opium for medicinal purposes could grow it or buy it without let or hindrance. Those who used it as a narcotic were equally free.
- FEASIBILITY STUDY ON OPIUM LICENSING IN AFGHANISTAN
- 3 Medical uses of opium. 3.1 Alkaloids with a medical use.
Suggested Web Resources
- opium: Medical Uses — Infoplease.com
- Medical Uses. Opium was commonly used as an analgesic until the development of morphine.
- Medicinal Uses of Poppies
- As indicated on the Main Poppy Page, Opium Poppies are the most well known of the Papavar family as far as medicinal uses.
- What Are the Uses of Opium? Opium has uses in medicine and science. Its main medicinal products are: morphine, codeine, papaverme.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.