A selection of articles related to opium.
Original articles from our library related to the Opium. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Opium.
- Synaesthesia: The Crossing of the Senses
- "We interpret one sense by another." William Hazlitt "Although medicine has known about synaesthesia for three centuries, it keeps forgetting that it knows. Richard Cytowic, in "Synaesthesia: Phenomenology and Neuropsychology a Review of...
Modern Science >> Synesthesia
- The potentized remedy
- Many people think that homeopathic medicines are made from plants, but in fact the remedies can be made from anything. The substances are made from plants; poisonous and non-poisonous plants, herbs and toad-stools minerals, like sulfur, sodium chloride or...
Body Mysteries >> Homeopathy
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
Opium is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Opium books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- How Opium Profits the Taliban
- opium trade has become deeply embedded in the politics of the region.
- Opium and Afghanistan: Reassessing U.S. Counternarcotics Strategy
- Cultivation and production of opium in Afghanistan have skyrocketed since the.
- Opium Abuse and Its Management: Global Scenario
- The opium poppy is botanically classified as Papaver somniferum. The name poppy Papaver somniferum produce mainly two products: opium and the seeds.
Suggested News Resources
- Few Treatment Options for Afghans as Drug Use Rises
- By ALISSA J.
- SA man linked to Somali militia, drugs
- A shadowy South African businessman has been named as the financier of a 220-strong private Somali militia and a bizarre scheme to cultivate opium, coca and dagga in the war-torn country.
- Treasures: Carved Chinese panel likely part of a romantic ritual
- I am enclosing pictures of what I have learned is a panel from a Chinese opium bed. I have no idea how old it may be, but it is 25 inches high by 18 inches wide and 2 inches deep. It is three-dimensional and carved from one piece of wood.
- Special Report: Afghan heroin traffickers targeting Tanzania, East Africa
- The report titled “The global Afghan Opium Trade: A threat Assessment” points out that Afghan heroin flows across Tanzania and East Africa are now blamed for generating increased drug abuse in the region and some parts of the continent.
- Highlighting Differences in Interpretations of the Opium War
- By JOYCE HOR-CHUNG LAU HONG KONG — Julia Lovell's book tour for “The Opium War” sailed along the historic path of the conflict itself. A view of a street in Canton, a major site of hostilities during the Opium War.
Suggested Web Resources
- Opium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Opium (poppy tears, lachryma papaveris) is the dried latex obtained from the opium poppy (Papaver somniferum).
- Opium and Heroin Information from Drugs.com
- Jun 23, 2011 Opium information from Drugs.com. Includes side effects, interactions, indications .
- OPIUM MAGAZINE
- Opium Magazine Logo. spacer. Nothing Too Serious (excerpt) .
- Opium | The Partnership at Drugfree.org
- Opium can cause euphoria, followed by a sense of well-being and a calm drowsiness or sedation.
Related searchescompact fluorescent light bulb
pistonless rotary engine advantages
list of legends and myths
kuru disease symptoms of kuru