A selection of articles related to opposites dictionary.
Original articles from our library related to the Opposites Dictionary. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Opposites Dictionary.
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Apple Divination
- We have all heard and used the expression "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." This expression is based on a very old superstition and is one of many associated with apples. I am quite sure that you have all held an apple in one hand and twisted...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- The Tree of Life
- The Tree of Life is a glyph is intended to represent the cosmos in its entirety and the soul of man. We use this Tree as a tool to calculate the intricacies of existence. The glyph is made up of ten circles, Sephirah, or spheres. The Sephiroth represent the...
Magick >> Qabalah
- Hulse, David Allen
- From an early age, David Allen Hulse has made a diligent study of the alphabets of the ancient world. Even as a child, David possessed a great affinity for the alphabets of Egypt, Phoenicia, and Greece. In college, a reading of MacGregor Mathers' Kabbalah...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Welcome again to my "Rune-of-the-Month" Club! At the rate I've been going, it's been more like the "Rune-of-the-Year" Club, but I'll try to speed up the pace. This article puts the series over the halfway mark. This is the twelfth of the...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Origin of the Zodiac Signs
- Zodiac is that imaginary belt encircling the earth through which the sun, moon, and the planets pass during the year.
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
Opposites Dictionary is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Opposites Dictionary books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- IDIOMS IDIOMS
- International Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs and the Cambridge International Dictionary of. Idioms . 5 The entries for the idioms below all show their opposites too.
- Prefixes and suffixes 1: Using prefixes
- A prefix often gives the opposite meaning to a word. Underline the prefix in each of the words below. Use your dictionary to find the meaning of the prefix.
- English Vocabulary in Use
- sometimes synonyms or opposites, e.g. polite (syn = courteous; opp = impolite) large dictionaries medium-sized dictionaries.
- LEARNING WORDS FROM CONTEXT CLUES
- So you will have to be alert to context clues even when you use the dictionary.
- Practice Test 1
- same or opposite meanings), dictionary definitions and word pairs.
Suggested Web Resources
- Opposite dictionary - dictionary of opposite words
- Words Database |. Opposite dictionary - Home · Opposite dictionary.
- Disclaimer - Opposite dictionary - dictionary of opposite words
- Find opposite of a word in seconds, Largest opposites dictionary. t..
- opposite - definition of opposite by the Free Online Dictionary
- Placed or located directly across from something else or from each other: opposite sides of a building. 2.
- Antonym Finder | Synonym.com
- Find word opposites using the best online antonyms dictionary.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.