A selection of articles related to opposites dictionary.
Original articles from our library related to the Opposites Dictionary. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Opposites Dictionary.
- Apple Divination
- We have all heard and used the expression "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." This expression is based on a very old superstition and is one of many associated with apples. I am quite sure that you have all held an apple in one hand and twisted...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Summer is at its end and the last harvest is taken in. The cold season returns, all of nature seems to die and the nights become long. It is the beginning of Samon, the dark half of the year. The veil between the land of the living and the land of the dead...
Holidays >> Samhain
- The Tarot Queens and the Kama Sutra
- '"Being the source of virtue, woman is the best means of reaching heaven. Man's efforts to be virtuous are impossible outside of conjugal virtue... There is no doubt that women are a source of happiness."' Vatsyayana An ancient principle of Indian...
Tarot Cards >> The Minor Arcana
- Hulse, David Allen
- >From an early age, David Allen Hulse has made a diligent study of the alphabets of the ancient world. Even as a child, David possessed a great affinity for the alphabets of Egypt, Phoenicia, and Greece. In college, a reading of MacGregor Mathers' Kabbalah...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Hod & Netzach
- Just as the previous pairs of Sephiroth, (Binah - Chokmah, Chessed - Gedulah), needed to be explained together to be fully understood, (Binah depends on that of Chokmah, and Chessed relies on Geburah, visa versa), so it is with Hod and Netzach. Hod is form...
Magick >> Qabalah
Opposites Dictionary is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Opposites Dictionary books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- IDIOMS IDIOMS
- International Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs and the Cambridge International Dictionary of. Idioms . 5 The entries for the idioms below all show their opposites too.
- Prefixes and suffixes 1: Using prefixes
- A prefix often gives the opposite meaning to a word. Underline the prefix in each of the words below. Use your dictionary to find the meaning of the prefix.
- English Vocabulary in Use
- sometimes synonyms or opposites, e.g. polite (syn = courteous; opp = impolite) large dictionaries medium-sized dictionaries.
- LEARNING WORDS FROM CONTEXT CLUES
- So you will have to be alert to context clues even when you use the dictionary.
- Practice Test 1
- same or opposite meanings), dictionary definitions and word pairs.
Suggested News Resources
- Larson: A Ribbon for Everyone
- Nancy Pelosi tells us that conservatives are now on a “tirade” against poor, border-crossing children. Which is completely ridiculous, because… Read more · Larson: The Astonishing Power of Narratives. Watching the sad Michael Brown ...
Suggested Web Resources
- Opposite dictionary - dictionary of opposite words
- Words Database |. Opposite dictionary - Home · Opposite dictionary.
- Disclaimer - Opposite dictionary - dictionary of opposite words
- Find opposite of a word in seconds, Largest opposites dictionary. t..
- opposite - definition of opposite by the Free Online Dictionary
- Placed or located directly across from something else or from each other: opposite sides of a building. 2.
- Antonym Finder | Synonym.com
- Find word opposites using the best online antonyms dictionary.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Opposites Dictionary Topics
Related searchesfull moon numbers and formulae
seekonk massachusetts history
gm family 1 engine dcvcp
camouflage theory of camouflage