- Castration: One man's worst punishment could be another's best hope
- The procedure is rather straightforward -- the testicles are removed via orchiectomy -- but the desired effect may be misconstrued.
- Orchiectomy may confer better safety profile for metastatic prostate cancer
- “In contemporary years, cosmetic and psychological concerns have nearly eliminated the use of bilateral orchiectomy in the U.S., even for patients who will need lifelong ADT.
- Pretreatment plasma fibrinogen as an independent prognostic indicator of
- Castration was achieved either by orchiectomy or luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone-a, such as goserelin 3.6 mg subcutaneously monthly. Anti-androgen therapy was achieved either by bicalutamide tablets 50 mg per day orally or flutamide 3 times a ...
- GnRH Agonists Associated With Higher Adverse Effect Risk vs Orchiectomy
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist (GnRHa) therapy is associated with increased risks of numerous clinically relevant adverse events compared with orchiectomy, a study published in JAMA Oncology has shown.1. Although androgen deprivation ...
- Hormone Therapy
- There are different approaches included in the class of hormone therapy such as orchiectomy (surgical castration), luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) analogs, Degarelix (Firmagon®), Abiraterone (Zytiga®), which are used to decrease the ...
Orchiectomy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Orchiectomy books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesservant uniform
silent spring notes
tyr the tyr rune